• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you really care?

Loop said:
I mostly play with money. But we congratulate each other for good shots.
I want to win, that's for sure. But I also want my adversaries to play well, because I want to compete when we all play our best. When the heat is on, it's the time when I say to myself: "Game on!".
But, I've played a number of times with a player who's a sore loser when he loses, but just acts as a jerk when he wins, taunting others that he's superior. This type of person, I don't care.
What's great about golf, is that you can see the real person underneath :)

Loop - we definitely need to play :)

Kilted Arab said:
Ah-ha!

Gay innuendo! You're a Brit at heart, I knew it.

Please. When you live on an island, you find your choices very limited. Tight living quarters. I'm sure you know all about it. ;)

But when you live in the second largest country in terms of area, like myself, things aren't so wonky... :D

R35

Rockford35 said:
Please. When you live on an island, you find your choices very limited. Tight living quarters. I'm sure you know all about it. ;)

But when you live in the second largest country in terms of area, like myself, things aren't so wonky... :D

R35

Rock, I've seen Deliverance.

How are your animal impressions? Moo like a cow, baby.

Kilted Arab said:
Rock, I've seen Deliverance.

How are your animal impressions? Moo like a cow, baby.

Wasn't it a pig?

I was thinking about the question in this thread, and I can honestly say that I have only had a handfull of jerks that i've golfed with in my life. Most people are pretty outgoing and willing to give the thumbs up and some praise for a good shot.

I'm always good for praise too. Guys with higher handicaps need not get down in the dumps, so why not say "no worries, just put this next one in and your kicking this hole in the anus."

But a well placed "Just get it close" on a 4 footer is always worth a chuckle too...

R35

Rockford35 said:
Wasn't it a pig?

Well, yes...but I'm Scottish. We don't go for pigs. Kinda thought cow was more appropriate after the 'patriot' thread...

and don't pretend for one minute you didn't know for sure it was a pig. it's your favourite scene...all you guys out there...in the woods...together...

Rockford35 said:
But a well placed "Just get it close" on a 4 footer is always worth a chuckle too...

R35

One of favorites is "nice lag" after a 6 footer is left short.

I have a golfing buddy, he's around 50 years old, and he's addicted. Been playing almost 2 years now, and he plays to around a 20 handicap. I love playing with him, because i can enjoy the round more than with anybody else. We laugh, trade jokes, egg each other on, poke fun at putts left short. We could be playing against each other, but we still love to encourage each other and see each other hit good shots. Best golfing partner i could ask for, because we dont try to fix each other's swings, but we just want each other to do well, and i always feel good after i play a round with this guy. But he also has a guy who works for him who comes in every once in a while, and i get apathetic, because i cant stand listening to him. He plays to a 20 handicap as well, and he gripes every time he doesnt hit a pro-quality shot. So i do care, but only when im playing with certain people

I love to help people at all times. I keep their scores etc and then give them a framed copy of it after the round. I also love to hear all their problems with the game course etc. But hey Im a nice guy

I feel that if you aren't having a good time then maybe you should find another hobby. If you dont feel any emotion when hitting a two hundred yard shot and dropping the ball 4 feet from the hole then getting a raise would be like stubbing your toe. Every time I tee up the ball I take a deep breath and think to myself "Man, even though I am probably going to shank this ball into the trees and probably put skymarks from hell all over my new driver, it is better than being at work." If that feeling ever goes away and going to the course feels more like a chore than a day of fun and good times with my buddies then I will put up the clubs and look into something different.

I can't see making a round of golf and going at it with the mentality like "I could care less if that guy shoots a 60 or a 120, as long as I dont talk to him I can finish my round of golf with as little human contact as possible." Golf is a sport of gentleman and should be played with a gentleman's etiquitte. Give congrats when your buddy tears the cover off of one from the tee and chuckle a little when he loses his ball in the garden salad on the side of the green. It is supposed to be fun and like I said before, if I ever stop feeling that, I will hang up the clubs and find a new game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520