• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Final Ci7 Review

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here is my final review:

<o></o>
<o></o>Wilson Ci7 review:<o></o><o></o>

Set: Wilson Staff Ci7 True Temper X-105 Reg.<o></o>
Compared to: Cobra S9s.<o></o>
Balls Played: <o></o>
-TM Burner TP <o></o>
-BS B330-RX (found after the ninth hole :D)<o>

</o><o></o>
Looks:<o></o>
If you’re a player like me and DO care how your clubs look like then you’ve found the perfect set for you. Chrome finish its wonderful, mid size head, small cavity and a mid-thin top line with little off-set which sits very pleasantly at address. They look like better player irons and makes you look like if you could actually play this game.<o></o>
<o></o>
Distance:<o></o>
I have to admit I was very wrong at prejudging the distance of the Ci7s, thinking they were shorter than expected. After two 18-holes matches I have to say the Ci7s match the distance on any $800 set out there. Lofts are one degree weaker from 4-8, one degree stronger from 9-PW, compared to the S9s. Why is this? I have no idea, but it definitely is stupid. Anyway, every iron shot was longer than the S9s. 6 iron about 3yds, PW about 8-9yds, which was a pain since I went over 5-6 greens due to the difference. <o>
</o><o></o>
Forgiveness:<o></o>
The S9s are definitely more forgiving than the Ci7s (which is not a surprise being the S9s a Super Game Improvement Iron), but the Ci7s did quite a good job. I would say about 5-10% less than the Cobras.<o></o>
<o>
</o><o></o>Feel:<o></o>
I say again they feel very light when hold. It seems like if you where holding a lady-flex club in your hand. Everything changes when you swing; shaft hardens up and feels solid and incredible stable. When hit properly, the contact with the ball feels smooth but solid, and crisp with no kick. Sounds similar to a titanium hybrid head. Beautiful. Off-center hits have some fee-back but feel isn’t lost at all. Toe or heel shots feel like an aluminum bat and sound in some way similar.<o></o>
<o></o>
Trajectory:<o></o>
Trajectory is not as high as it was mentioned before. Ball flight goes mid-high tending to be higher in the long irons (which confirms what the "flighted" is supposed to do), piercing, and incredibly straight. I was amazed at this fact. It doesn’t curve at all. If I hit it with a horrible 45º angle it stays with the same angle and goes straight off-bounds. If hit straight, it stays straight. It was not windy though, so I can’t say anything about trajectory on a windy day. I'd have to say one of the most accurate irons I've played.

Overall:
Wonderful set of irons. They would have been a pleasant surprise if I would have paid $600 for them. At half the price ($300) they are a steal. great performance, great looks, everything anybody over par would love to have on their irons.

I have nothing but great things to say about this irons. Thank God I couldn't afford the MX-200s or TM Burners I wanted :D

Pros:
-Great looking iron which will make you look like if you played better than you really do :D. Elegant, traditional, beautiful.
-Great accuracy and perfectly predictable results
-Good feedback and feel
-Half the price of a set performing twice as good

Cons:
-Although I'm very happy with the stock shafts, some players might feel it is way too light for them and might need a change.
-Resale price might not be the best
-People who love big logos so other can see they play TM or Titleist might not be happy to bag Wilson...
<o></o>
<!--EndFragment-->

Good review, they sound a great value set of irons. They certainly look the part - maybe Wilson are doing an "Adams" who not long ago weren't that highly thought of but are now played by loads of people. More of a renaissance in Wilson's case though.

Presumably they'd suit all players just about?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520