• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Found my ball.

fisher

Reaction score
Last weekend I played in a two day tournament. On the second hole on the second day I had 185 out of a fairway bunker to the green. I hooked the shot left of the green into a wide open area of grass. The grass was neatly mowed about 4 inches high. I saw exactly where it went. 3 of us searched for 5 minutes and could not find the ball. I had to go back and replay from the bunker. Went on to make a tripple. That hole started a 5 hole downward spiral that sunk my round.

Tonight while walking and practicing on the course before dark I came upon a ball exactly where I had lost the ball last Sunday. I picked it up and sure enough it was the exact ball I had lost only it had been cut in two by a mower. I was even playing with an identically marked ball from the same sleve when I found it.
:killersmiley:

That's something. I was playing a practice round in high school once and lost a ball on a line drive hook right off the tee. Next practice I did the same thing. I found the one from prior's practice stuck inbetween the branch and trunk of the tree. I was playing smiley faces back then. Smiley's are hard to explain when someone takes your ball and pretends to be theirs.

That's pretty interesting. I usually look for lost balls about once a week on my home course. There are three specific holes that I search; and I normally will find 80-100 balls each time I go out. I have been doing this for about three years now; but I have never found one of my lost balls. I mark mine with my initial with an indelible pen so there would be no doubt it was mine.

What sucked about this is the ball should have easily been found durring the tournament. It must have been sitting down so that you had to be right over top of it to see it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301