• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Funniest thing you have seen on a golf course

I don't know if this qualifies as funny but.....

My friend and I were playing at The Phoenician down in Arizona. We just so happened to be in the group directly behind ex vice president Al Gore.
Now keep in mind there are Secret Service agents, cops, all other law types all over the place.

As the original poster had mentioned, my friends and I like to spark up the greenery while playing. We were staying pretty far behind them for the most part, not really thinking much of the situation.

We then get to hole #13 or so....there are 3 nines at that resort, I can't remember which one this was but if you've played there, this hole is a drivable par 3, but you can't see the green on your tee shot. This hole is followed by a par 3 over some water.

Back to the story....

We had just got done smoking a bowl by the tee after we had hit our shots. So we drive up, park our carts by the green, and proceed to head on to our putts.

While i'm lining up my putt, I notice a Sheriff with a dog (HOLY CRAP) of some type. Not sure if it's a bomb dog, or a drug dog, but as you could imagine we were VERY scared to say the least.

So the sheriff and this dog are walking DIRECTLY towards our cart, which is holding my golf bag, which is holding my illegal narcotics.

Well I guess the suspense was too much for my buddy, because he decided to start running towards the cart path and I guess to the clubhouse. (although at this point we are pretty far from it)

So the sheriff sends the dog after him!!!! He now has the bite marks to show for it. He explained to the sheriff that he was overcome with the sudden urge to use the bathroom and couldn't hold it any longer. LOL. I vowed not to touch that stuff anymore after that happened.

P.S. I realize this might sound a bit far fetched, as i've had my doubters before, but it's true. I guess now that I look back on it, it's pretty damn funny

Ha, ha. As I remember from my misspent youth, paranoia is one of the side effects of canabis intoxication.

You shouldn't have worried, Al would have just asked for a toke.

SiberianDVM said:
Ha, ha. As I remember from my misspent youth, paranoia is one of the side effects of canabis intoxication.

You shouldn't have worried, Al would have just asked for a toke.

Didn't Al invent the stuff? :D

Early spring on one of my favorite courses, I hit my ball into a water hazard on the 9th. I'd played it so many times and knew the ball went over the edge of the pond bank, although I could not yet see the water. I'd hoped to retrieve my ball if it wasn't too far out into the pond. When I approached the hazard, ball retriever in hand, I gazed at the DRAINED body of water where it looked like the entire bottom was paved with golf balls. Unfortunately, it was like a bed of quicksand, but I DID manage to find a few fairly good balls.

A head stone for a frog that got struck by an approach shot near the eighth green at my local course. It says "here lies le Kremits, he was a good frog taken before his time without even a foer warning, may he ribbit In peace." And it's like a legit rock with that carved in.

I was not a witness to this but one of my friends came over one night after a round still laughing at what took place earlier. He told me that he hit a squirrel in the head as it was scurrying across the fairway with a worm burner tee shot and just obliterated the squirrels head.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520