• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

G5 w/comp NT

And I used to race snowmobiles back when they ran on a 1/2 mile oval ice track. Quite a thrill heading into a corner at 100 mph and having to get around a corner on glare ice. We had carbide studs in the track though.

Then I shot competitive archery for 20 years (two state championships, a one 5-state sectional championship and 17th at the national tournament). Shot pro for Bear Archery one year.

Did well in everything I competed in except golf and oddly enough that's the one thing I've played the longest, LOL. Must be really bullheaded stubborn or just like knowing I can't compete and that let's me just enjoy the experience.
:confused:

A shutout in softball? Was that a beer league or a hard liquor league? :)

Nothing like a good sled. My FIL bought an Arctic Cat dealership and ran it for a couple years to flip it. I used to demo all the new sleds when they came in. Go Cat!

Nope, it was beer and only after we were done (loser bought). I used to throw a "knuckleball" high arc in slow pitch. If there was a slight wind the thing would blow all over the place and I struck out some of the best home run hitters in the league with it. Had one kid (hitting homers almost every time up) swing so hard his feet went right out from under him and he landed on his side. Everyone laughed their tail off. He came up the next time, smoke coming out of his ears and fire in his eyes, and did the same thing. And my shutout was 9 innings against a very good team.

I had a Polaris TX Starfire (factory mod racer) I bought and had to compete my older "free-air cooled" technology against the new Yamaha "liquid cooled" technology. It was a twin 295cc with twin Mikuni 38mm carbs that put out 85 hp at 9,500 rpm (had to keep the rpm in a 200 rpm wide range throughout the variable speed clutch range to stay in the horsepower). The engine "idled" at 5000 rpm and the clutch didn't grab until 7000 rpm. And the crackling sound of those tuned pipes was rather awesome. I wiped all the new stuff and won the only race I was in!!! (I blew up the engine before the next one and going through divorce didn't have any money to fix it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520