• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Games people play

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has anyone played a variation of wolf - "sissy wolf"? We try to give the low person a chance to get caught back up, and starting at 16, the person with the least points gets to choose their partner after everyone has hit. They can also double the value of the points if they choose. Usually this all helps, but if someone is having a really bad day, and they raise the bet and don't win, it can get ugly!

Sometimes we play any kind of trash you can think of for dots: poleys (mentioned already), woodies (not what you think: hit a tree and get par or better), pp's (get pars or better after taking a penalty stroke), etc.

There sure are a lot of different things you can do to make it even more fun to get out and play!

Lately in foursome I regularly play with we have been using the "chips" game. There are 8 chips that look like poker chips except that they have pictures on them that reperesent various things: One putt, three putt, in the sand, sandie, birdie, hit the trees, in the water, and win the hole outright. These chips are passed around as you do the various things and you either pay or get paid at the end of the round. It can be pretty funny for example, to have the sand chip in your pocket and then throw it at one of you playing partners while he is on the way to hit his bunker shot.

I also play in a huge shoot out group that plays team against team best ball score except all birdies count. This can get pretty brutal because most of these guys are 10 or less handicap and teams have come in making 15 or 16 birdies total for the round with no bogeys.

I play buck a hole buck a stroke with carry over and presses. If the guy or team I’m playing against gets up lets say 10 bucks I can press him on the next hole for double or nothing. If I win that hole were even if I lose I owe him 20, if we tie I can carry the press over to the next hole.

I play straight up skins no handicaps no strokes, the old guys usually count me out after 5 or 6 holes. Some of the decent younger guys usually start off around 5.00 a hole then drop down to about a 1.00 per hole after a few holes.
Demon

Haha, i play single a lot, and once in awhile ill get one of those super cocky guys who thinks just cause im a kid he'll beat the crap outta me. Ive won as much as 80$ in one round (super cocky guy pressed me like 5 times, origially i won 10&8:D. Stupid man wouldnt admit i was better then him, his friend couldnt stop laughing after every press).

Most of my friends are 80-90 shooters, so we play lots of team stroking games. Whenever i play with my friends who are better, we play lots of straight up matchs. Played a match last week where i lost 3&2 after i left myself 2" for birdie, he was dormie and drained his 25 footer... I was 7 down through 9 (i shit the bed on the front, came back with -1 on the back for a 76), but he just had too big of a lead.

sunntdazes game sounds a lot like ours. occasionally we play a game called 'points'. each player gets 1 pt for a drive in the fairway, 1 point for a gir, and 1 point for 1 putting. usually only a dime a point ( we're cheap). a good game for all levels that helps your game.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking