• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gloves, I'd like some info and opinions about gloves

Rockford35 said:
I use Callaway cadet X-Spann. Great gloves, last forever.

I also took a shot at some Mizuno leather gloves on e-bay, got 3 gloves for 9 bucks. So far so good, well worth the money.

I also like Taylor Made gloves, but they are BLOODY expensive around here.

R35

3 TM gloves for 30 bucks at Dicks last week.

Say the word.

Cripes! That's a great deal. Which model? The React Pro Leather?

I just ripped a Callaway at the range. I brought it out of the bag brand new in April. Not bad.

LMK.

R35

I used to use the best Footjoy cabretta glove, and I can easily afford them, but now I buy the generic leather gloves that they often sell in bins in the big golf retail stores like Roger Dunn (here in California) or Edwin Watts. To me, they basically feel as good as the Footjoy or any other premium leather glove I have ever used, they seem to last as long, and they cost $18 for 3 gloves, as opposed to $15 for one. I have the suspicion that most of what you are paying for with the premium gloves is the premium name. I wouldn't be surprised if the premium brand name gloves and the "no names" are made with the same materials by the same people in the same factory in Taiwan or whatever.

I like SciFlexes, me. Bought 3 X Dryice on Ebay a while ago and still rotate two of those. I just keep spitting on them and they're fine :D

Titleist Players last the least amount of time. Plus they are £13-99 ($25/$26) round these parts, so feck that....!

I've had some Maxfli leather gloves that have lasted me ages. I used to use the mizuno tech flex ones because they look a bit snazzy but their life expectancy is minimal. I always go for the thinnest possible leather for extra feel which of course reduces their durability that's why the Maxfli gloves have impressed me.

I find all weather gloves horrid and when it comes to putting I always take whatever glove I'm wearing off.

Callaway Warbird. They fit well. I used to use the Titleist PermaSoft that others are talikng about, but I found them to stretch and slip after a few rounds. The Warbirds fit well from the start, and they maintain their shape for many, many rounds. I think its due to being made from synthetic leather and having mesh panels. Whatever it is, they work. And the bonus is that they are cheap (around $10). In Florida, especially in the summer, I need to rotate two or even three gloves throughout the round. I usually change every three holes or so.

Found an Intech glove at a local mom & pop type store. A little thicker leather than most of the name brands. Only cost 5-6 bucks. Has lasted about twice as long as the last FootJoy I bought. They just moved so I need to go find their new location and see if they still have these.

I can't remember who made it, but there used to be a glove that had thick leather (almost like a batting glove) and a little extra pad on the heel of the hand where the grip rests. Those things used to last forever! (probably why they don't make it anymore)

Like another poster, I've always used gloves, but when I recently changed to the Golfpride Decade multicompound grip (the dual durometer is also nice), I stopped wearing gloves and have had my best ball-striking rounds in years. I definitely believe that feel is where it's at, and the thinner the glove [or lack of glove], the easier it is for me to get my hands properly connected and working together. I cannot stand a glove that is the least bit slippery, so if it's cool or really hot or dampish, I [used to] wear the Footjoy rain glove. They are a relatively thin cotton-type material that gives good feel of the club, allows the two hands to meld nicely, and wear amazingly well. I have worn one of these gloves for 75 or more rounds before it developed a hole...but then, one of my mantras is grip the club lightly. At approx. $18 for a pair and that kind of durability, I could afford to use the other glove just for changing the oil in my truck.

ualtim said:
Footjoy Weather Soft gloves. Toughest soft glove on the market. I have had FJWS's for years. Everytime I go with a different glove, I always end up back with a weather soft when the other one wears out.

Damn right. I started using these about 18 months ago. My first one lasted 40 rounds...I didn't rotate it out, buy another one and have it in my bag etc. Just wore the glove month after month. And they're cheap too...about $10.

Now Golfsmith has their version for $6 and I already have a few rounds on this one. Nice soft feel and if its as durable as the Footjoy version, its a Consumer Reports Best Buy in my book.

I left the dark side and stopped wearing gloves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520