• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going rates?

29.95??? Did you get your own domain?

Thats rediculous...most hosting sites i have looked at are between 11 and 15/month for unlimited websites, scripts, bandwidth and upwards of 2k gig of storage...

ETA: i just checked yahoo, and their prices have obvioulsy come down since you hosted yours.

Crap, that was something else I was thinking of. I think that was my CC service. It was actually like $12.95 now that I think about it. I had like 10-11 pages and could have had like 50 email adresses. I had my own name, www.Nickelmove.com. I stopped paying for it so it's obviously down. I thought it pretty good though, especially how easy it was to use. I'm a total novice and in 2days I had a site up with an 800# and accepting CC's.

I'm sure you know a heck of a lot more than I do about this stuff. Just for example of "ease of use" though... this is the contact form I made on JASC and just brought right into the sitebuilder. It was pretty easy to just add the boxes and then it went right to my email. Also the buttons I made for page selection were on JASC and just brought them right in.
quoteform (2).jpg

Longdistancebutton.jpg
quoteform (2).jpg
Longdistancebutton.jpg

I use Blue Host for hosting which is cheap and very very low downtime (it has never been down that I have noticed in almost two years). Good back end via cPanel too with stats and all that. Good service for the price.

As far as billing, your level of expertise should come into play. I have no idea what your level of web site building knowledge is, but there are a lot of hacks charging a lot of money for poor design (when I say poor design, I mean like 1998 HTML design looks). Just be sure you charge rates based on your level of expertise. Any hack can quickly throw together a decent web site with a CMS and a style template. I gave up coding by hand recently in favor of using Word Press... cause I got more important things to do than sit around coding a web page. So if it can be done cheaply and effectively and a CMS requires little back end maintainence once it is setup right, then I think a one time flat fee with an hourly follow up might be the best pricing structure. I can't see charging professional rates if you are not a professional in the field.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54