• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Simulator for PC

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in Equipment...if it needs to be moved I understand.

Here is a link for what I'm looking at:
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/237889?cseq=~C275868&fcst=GSI_WEB

I think if this thing is hight quality it would be the best thing since sliced bread. You see I live in North Dakota so I can only play a few months out of the year, so this would be perfect to keep the game sharp. You can even use it to play on the Tiger Woods games. What I'm curious about is how acurate this thing is and how well does that ball hold up...Is it going to go to hell on me after a few rounds or is the ball gonna fly off and crash into something in my house??

Have any of you had any experience with this...is is a complete rip off piece of crap or is it well worth the money???

I dont know how well it works, but for 250 it better work real good. Either way it would be a lot more fun than playing golf with just a mouse.

Unless it has been greatly improved it's not worth the $. I had one before it came out with the software and it had a screen that was suppose to give distance and direction.

According to it I hit a seven iron and driver about the same distance. I returned mine after about two weeks.

DaveE said:
....According to it I hit a seven iron and driver about the same distance. I returned mine after about two weeks.

Isn't it true? :p

It is not real accurate. Also, if you are not very good, you can actually hit the shaft on the string, if you do it will snap like a twig.

Yeah thats basically what I was afraid of. Too bad, I was really hoping this thing would be awesome.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sold. I will DEFINITELY be getting this for next winter if at all possible. It'd cost a hell of a lot less than I/O ranges over time. I/O ranges here in MPLS are about $20 an hour. 8 hours over the 5 month winter period would pay this off. And I can play this every day.

Even at work.

Thanks for bringing such a device to my attention. I don't need it right now, but winters are long and cold.

If somebody actually has this version, I'd be interested to hear how they like it.

I hear ya about the winters up here being long and cold. This is exactly the reason for my interest. I would have bought one a week ago if not for my hesitence about that plastic swing arm.

It doesn't give you an accurate estimate of the distance, or even the direction. If you've got the space to swing in your home, then you may have space to set up a net and hit real balls.

Actually, you might want to look up the P3 Pro Swing. It *seems* better than that thing. That thing hasn't gotten very good reviews, from what I've heard.

no way?!! your from ND? what city? i'm in Williston

I'm on the opposite end of the state over in Wahpeton, just south of Fargo and about 1 mi from the MN border.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520