• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GolfSmarter Podcast: A Hurricane and My Book

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
A MAN AND HIS WIFE go on a vacation to Cabo San Lucas in Baja California, Mexico. Among other relaxing activities, the man plans to lay on the beach and read a book and play some golf.

That all changed when Hurricane Odile paid a visit to the Mexican paradise. We're talking a category four hurricane with winds of 135 miles per hour. See and hear about the couple's terrifying ordeal in the above video.

The man is Fred Greene, host of the very popular GolfSmarter podcast. The book he was reading in Cabo San Lucas was my new one, DRAW IN THE DUNES: The 1969 Ryder Cup and the Finish That Shocked the World.

Fred and his wife arrived home safely last weekend. In his most recent GolfSmarter podcast (Episode #455), Fred talks about their harrowing time during and after the hurricane, and we also discuss my book about the 1969 Ryder Cup.

Listen here:

GolfSmarter Podcast with Neil Sagebiel (approximately 30 minutes)

Also consider the Members Only version, which is more than 70 minutes with no edits. (Plus you can listen to all the members-only GolfSmarter podcasts.) Sign up

Source: GolfSmarter Podcast: A Hurricane and My Book

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422