• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfsmith grips

SCGolfer

Reaction score
I need to put some grips on the new Mizunos so I figured I would try out some different ones and give it ago myself. I ordered a couple of the Golfsmith half cord grips that are 2.99 and some of the Goodyear dual compound cord. I don't like the GP Dual compound.....for some reason they feel small to me. I pretty much just play full cords but they are so expensive I figured I would try some half cords. Has anyone tried any of the golfsmith grips?? I will review both when I get them installed.

I also have ordered a pair of Tifosi Sunglasses with the Golf Fototec lens. I will review those as soon as they come in. Hopefully will get to play with them this weekend.

Jason

Those Golfsmith half cords are like the original Sharpro dual compound (not the current one that everyone loves,) and they're hard as a rock. If you like a firm grip you'll love it, but by firm I mean like holding a baseball bat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those may work out....pretty much anything that is similar to the V55 full cords I like.....those things are pretty rough on the hands and gloves. But a cord is pretty much a must around here.

Jason

But a cord is pretty much a must around here.

Jason

Agreed. I dicked around and put non-cords on one of my sets of irons in January, and as soon as Spring sprung I realized that I'm an idiot and wasted money, because now I just have to re-grip them again.

If I end up liking that half cord I will just end up doing the entire bag in the Sharpro I would guess. They are just as cheap as the golfsmith and likely a better product anyway.

Jason

The Sharpro duel cord velvets are the ones that B is speaking of, just like a V55 but with half the cord. The Duel Compounds by Sharpro are exactly like the GP multi compounds, so If you don't like the GPMC's you won't like the Sharpro duel compounds.

I got my stuff in from Golfsmith last night and went ahead and stuck these grips on my short irons for a test run today. Brandon pretty much hit the nail on the head. I like the half cord golfsmith grip, it is firm and seems to have some good traction. And as expected I am not a big fan on the Goodyear dual compounds. Something just doesn't feel right with any of the dual compounds......but I will give them a shot before I regrip the entire set.

Jason

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back