• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got in a round with Justin (JArmour) today

Pa Jayhawk

Reaction score
Got in a round with Justin (JArmour) today at my home course. Great day for it, a little warm and humid, but not to bad. Very enjoyable experience. Good to occasionally play with someone who is a little more athletic and can hit the ball a long way to see what I am missing. :) He has played baseball throughout his life, and I am still yet to play with a baseball or hockey player that can not hit the ball a long way. Paired up with another guy on the course. Very enjoyable round. While it is probably hard to believe that I am normally fairly quite on the course, I guess that Shottalk and meeting good company just brings out the mouth in me.

I think we decided that we would have played really well in a scramble today. For whatever reason I was getting off the tee well, but my chipping and pitching was horrendous this entire week (need to get back to practice), and today was no exception. Kinda the complete opposite of my normal game. Still managed to putt fairly well to save a couple pars and bogies. Started out rough with 3 double-bogies in a row, but managed to settle down and play most of the round respectable. Forgot to ask my score, but would imagine it was around 92-93 for me on a par 72.

Had a very enjoyable time, and would again extend the offer to get together again, or maybe meet up when the wives are free for a round on the weekend. First time out with someone from Shottalk, was probably a bit nervous in the beginning, but was a great experience. Says alot about the people on here.

Cheers!!!

I'm glad you got the chance to play with a Shottalker. Each of my similar experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the chance for some of the fellows from the GA/AL/MS area to get together soon enough!

As Alan (PAJayhawk) said it was a great day, besides the gnats. I was surprised how many there were given it was a relatively cool day. The bug spray did help though. The course is pretty unique and I'm very glad I got to play. It's on an island in a large river which is a pretty cool thing to see in person. Great views of the mountains and river.

I too was nervous but got over that pretty quickly when I got to know Alan a little better. He's a great guy and a better host. I found out Alan and I had similar experiences in college, not those kinds of experiences.

As far as the golf goes Alan was right on he shot a 93 and I came in right behind at 94. Real bad front nine and a decent back nine "saved" me. I think Alan felt bad for me because he even sprung for lunch. When you play the par threes (5) at +7 you need all the handouts you can get. :D

The greens were in very good shape as well as the fairways. We never got held up during play, it was like once we started playing we barely saw another group. Finished in 4 hours exactly and it would have been faster if I could keep the ball in the fairway on the front side.

I'm definitely in for another round anytime. I'll get the better half on board and we'll set something up.

Thanks again Alan!

Only took a few pictures today. One is of the 7th hole on the blue course and a couple enjoying a boat ride on Willy Wonka's chocolate river. The other is of a massive bald eagle's nest above the third tee box on the blue course.

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG
IMG_1722.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters