• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gotta love it...

Solutions to your problems:

1. Move closer to work, and get a real garage.
2. Find a job closer to home, and get a real garage.

There, problem solved!

Solutions to your problems:

1. Move closer to work, and get a real garage.
2. Find a job closer to home, and get a real garage.

There, problem solved!

lol...two problems with that.

1. My family lives in this town, i like this town. Good schools, no crime, etc.
2. This isn't a job, it's a career. I'm at this place for the long haul and have no plans on leaving, i just got my first promotion at the beginning of the year and have several more jumps I can make before i have to make the decision to go into management or not. I look forward to making them.

I will eventually be getting a new garage. Whether we decide to move entirely to a new place with a larger garage, or build one on the lot we have.

Ultimately i will be moving out into the country. I'm not a city person for the most part, i like having my space. I bought a cheap house to hold me over until i can save up and buy some land to build on. That cheap house came with a very cheap garage.

After replacing the battery last night, i looked at my garage opening again.

Turns out they put at least 1, maybe 2(can't tell until i tear it apart) 2X4's across the top of the garage opening. I should be able to remove them and have plenty of clearance to get the truck in the garage without issue.

Look, Alice, don't come whining to me with excuses. I gave you the solutions...implement them!!

Of course, you did say you will wind up with a real garage....ok, I'll let you slide this time. ;)

Be glad you've got a garage. I've got 4 cars in the driveway, and no garage. Will wind up with 5 cars by this summer, although my daughter's won't be there all the time.

Wait...the guy thats giving me the most shit doesn't even have one? lol

That was pretty much my absolute must to have in a house. I needed a 2 car garage at minimum. I wouldn't even look at houses with less than that.

The footprint of my garage is great. It's plenty wide, more than plenty deep...but the dumbasses that built it made it entirely too short. I cannot fathom what they were thinking when they built it. The fact that the door itself is 79" tall...but the opening is only 74" blows my mind. Is it customary to not use 5" of door?

I had a 2 car garage when I bought the house. Then, I got married. Now I've got 2 daughters and 2 step-sons. We added on to the house and converted the garage into a playroom down/full size bath up (yes, my bathroom is the size of a 2 car garage). It was that, or buy another house. Since ours is on the lake with a beautiful view, I chose to lose the garage (and spend less money).

So yeah, the guy giving you the most crap has no garage. But, I've had one (actually, 2) in the past.

Besides, giving you crap is what makes the sun shine in my world! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?