• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Graman UL540 question(S)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my new surprise weapon will soon be making it's way to The Emerald Isle.

I am thinking of changing out the Limey in my TEE and dropping it into my Sonaretc ss2.5 3 wood.

I THINK I have found a shop that can do this, but they will need some instructions. Here are some of the things I need to know...

• Sonaretcs are 0.335 and I think the Graman is 0.335 so no shims required, right?
  • When they remove the shaft from the TEE, they will need to cut it down to 3 wood length, what is the standard length for 3 wood, 43"? Do they need to cut from the tip or the butt? I want the same playing characteritics as was in the driver? (ie same flex, trajectory etc.) I have checked out ttp://www.gramanshafts.com/trimming.htm. I assume that this shaft was already tip trimmed to go into the driver head. So do I butt trim to get it to 43"?
  • It states on Graman web site that logo is aligned to match with shaft's Optimum Flex Lineâ„¢. Any thoughts here? Does spining and aligning really make a difference?

Thanks for any input.

See my instructions inserted between yours...

So my new surprise weapon will soon be making it's way to The Emerald Isle.

I am thinking of changing out the Limey in my TEE and dropping it into my Sonaretc ss2.5 3 wood.

I THINK I have found a shop that can do this, but they will need some instructions. Here are some of the things I need to know...
Sonaretcs are 0.335 and I think the Graman is 0.335 so no shims required, right?
Correct.

When they remove the shaft from the TEE, they will need to cut it down to 3 wood length, what is the standard length for 3 wood, 43"?
You should be fitted....but standard length for most is around the 43" length.

Do they need to cut from the tip or the butt? I want the same playing characteritics as was in the driver? (ie same flex, trajectory etc.) I have checked out ttp://www.gramanshafts.com/trimming.htm. I assume that this shaft was already tip trimmed to go into the driver head. So do I butt trim to get it to 43"?
Because of the added weight of the 3-wood, you'll need to tip off about 1/2", then butt trim to fit.

It states on Graman web site that logo is aligned to match with shaft's Optimum Flex Lineâ„¢. Any thoughts here? Does spining and aligning really make a difference?
Thanks for any input.
The design is set up so the logo will be pointing up when at address...under the grip, the clubmaker will find a sticker confirming which way the shaft should be orientated.

Golden!

Thanks for the f/b. Mucho appreciato!

I've got a UL540 in my Adams 3 wood..............it's one of my favorite clubs. Feels so sweet when I hit it, and takes off like a rocket. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520