• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heritage postponed for WIND?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Reaction score
Did I just hear that correctly? The Verizon/Heritage is in a weather delay for WIND? That must be a mistake...Old Tom Morris must be turning over in his grave.

What a crock...

ha, did you see the Ginn Open before it came on... some serious gusting.. laura davies missed a 4-5 ftr by like 2 ft, and it broke right on her when that putt always breaks left...

WIND!!!

Did I just hear that correctly? The Verizon/Heritage is in a weather delay for WIND? That must be a mistake...Old Tom Morris must be turning over in his grave.

What a crock...

It is unusual. However, I doubt Old Tom Morris had the "liability" issues that the PGA Tour has. Some spectator already had a tree limb fall on him and apparently was hurt. I personally wish they would tee it up but can understand taking care if trees are dropping limbs or are in danger of blowing over.

It is unusual. However, I doubt Old Tom Morris had the "liability" issues that the PGA Tour has. Some spectator already had a tree limb fall on him and apparently was hurt. I personally wish they would tee it up but can understand taking care if trees are dropping limbs or are in danger of blowing over.

You hit the nail on the head. Maybe some unfortunate spectator will get bitten by a snake some day, and all future PGA events will be played on concrete islands, or worse, virtual courses - to avoid the liability. Bah!

As for Scotland, maybe they should worry about someone tripping in a rabbit hole.

Did you see some of the footage? The sand actaully blew out of the bunkers. They said JB Holmes hit a 6iron to like a 130 distance and came up 45ft. short. :eek: Would be fun to see guys hit driver/driver into a par 4. I wonder if they'd be running to the tour van's to change things up. "Give me that 6* driver, 12.5* FW wood and that 16* iron with the Project X 8.5 please."

I've hit a 4.5* Ping once,should be just the ticket

Did you see some of the footage? The sand actaully blew out of the bunkers. They said JB Holmes hit a 6iron to like a 130 distance and came up 45ft. short. :eek: Would be fun to see guys hit driver/driver into a par 4. I wonder if they'd be running to the tour van's to change things up. "Give me that 6* driver, 12.5* FW wood and that 16* iron with the Project X 8.5 please."

I played the 18th at Cruden Bay into wind like that. Par 5 (about 550). I hit SIX perfect 4-irons to get within chipping distance.

Driver? 3-wood? Fuggedaboudit...

I played today here in Augusta on the Ft. Gordon course and the winds were horrendus. I only saw 3 other people on the course. :) It was warm and windy when I started so I was wearing a shirt and shorts. When I finished it was in the 50sF and the wind was blowing over 30mph.

I shot and 86 and I'm damn proud of it.

I knew it was windy when I saw a hawk being blown backwards.

Just got home from Orlando and boyyyy its windy. Picked up a new pair of SP 7.5 TW Tours (you the know the black one that has the tan colored back?) So anyway after trying to hit golf shots inside a simulator he took me to a net out back and....I could not swing at all. 40 mph winds with close to 50 gusts. Even the Pitching Wedge would re route itself at the top and I was left with a beautiful moment of omg where is the face going to end up?

Just got home from Orlando and boyyyy its windy. ?

How windy was it?...A throw back to the days of Johnny Carson..
It was so windy, that I had to club up in the simulator.

What a crock...

You should've been down here to see the conditions for yourself. If your car was pointed into the wind it was difficult to open the doors! We're not talking, "oh, it's windy out, let's not play today." We're talking you could lean forward into the wind and not fall over.

There's a difference between saying, "hey, it's windy, let's see how can handle these conditions," and "hey, let's see if any of the players in the field can crack 90 today."

It was that bad.

You should've been down here to see the conditions for yourself. If your car was pointed into the wind it was difficult to open the doors! We're not talking, "oh, it's windy out, let's not play today." We're talking you could lean forward into the wind and not fall over.

There's a difference between saying, "hey, it's windy, let's see how can handle these conditions," and "hey, let's see if any of the players in the field can crack 90 today."

It was that bad.

It did look very windy, I admit. But I was under the impression that golf was an "all-season" sport. I've seen the Open played in pretty nasty conditions of wind and rain. Conditions were surely no fun to play in. But if there is no lightning, or heavy hail, or tornadoes - in short, nothing that would injure the players - the game should be played.

The PGA stopped the event because of liability concerns. They had one spectator hurt by a falling limb, and didn't want others hurt.

Why is that situation any different than the 1994 PGA at Whistling Straights, when seven spectators suffered injuries (one a broken leg) from falling down the steep dunes lining the course? Should they have stopped that tournament because the terrain was "too rough"?

I just don't get it. Golf is meant to be a challenge - sometimes a very difficult challenge. Seems the PGA decided it wasn't in their best interest to embarass their horses.

It did look very windy, I admit. But I was under the impression that golf was an "all-season" sport. I've seen the Open played in pretty nasty conditions of wind and rain. Conditions were surely no fun to play in. But if there is no lightning, or heavy hail, or tornadoes - in short, nothing that would injure the players - the game should be played.

The PGA stopped the event because of liability concerns. They had one spectator hurt by a falling limb, and didn't want others hurt.

Well I know they were worried about the grandstands, tv towers and scoreboards blowing over. There was also talk of falling branches, trees, etc. Even on Monday, guys were playing 6 irons into the 137 yard par 3 17th. Sunday was truly ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301