• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Holy Comfortable!!! new golf shoes

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Ecco's arrived today. Wow, these things are comfortable. No wonder they retail for $180. But at $99.98, these are a steal at TGW.com.

Just a word of caution, I wear a US size 11 but got the EUR size 43 (US 9-9.5 equivalent), couldn't ask for a better fit.

So tempted to pick up a pair of the brown ones. :laugh:

I remember ManchesterGolfer got the blue and orange ones. I've searched everywhere but couldn't find them but the Black ones will do.

Ecco_38614-50985_l.jpg

They'd better be comfortable....
icon10.gif
Just kidding, they look fine. Nice pickup. I assume they are waterproof and all... we don't have to many "nice days" left.

After buying my Ecco Tribal Sports last winter in the offseason, I won't wear anything but Ecco shoes for golf from now on. They're the best pair of golf shoes I have ever owned. I have a pair of Etonics, two pair of Gore Tex Nikes and a pair of Adidas sitting in the basement that will hit the garbage bin this winter.

Nothing even comes close when it comes to comfort and stability.

R35
mTribalSportWhite-Cloud-Royal-Leather-Nubuk-Metallic.jpg

do they really run that much bigger? if I wear a US size 11.5 what should I choose?

do they really run that much bigger? if I wear a US size 11.5 what should I choose?

Don't know why they run that much bigger. I actually went to Golf Galaxy and tried a bunch on before settling on the EUR 43 size. The Size 43 fits snug on my foot (will probably break in a bit too). For 11.5, I would probably go with EUR 44.

I wear a size 10 shoe, sometimes 10.5 and my Ecco's are 43's. Fit like a dream.

R35

My wife has like 5 pairs and has sworn they are the most comfortable shoe she ever owned.

I went ahead and broke down and bought a pair. I wear a 13 and do not feel they run bigger. Actually I think they run quite narrow and maybe smaller as the similar size is rated for 13-13.5 and I am probably 12.5-13. Two of the 3 types I tried in that size were so narrow they were uncomfortable. The other that I bought, while it has broken in to be very comfortable was no more comfortable IMO than Dry Joys. Probably all in the sizing. The person that sold them too me did say they run slightly narrow because of the added stitching in the tops and are made to fit closer. Although they now may be the most comfortable I own after breaking them in, I wouldn't rate them much higher than the Footjoy Dry Joys and Gel Fusions that you find on clearance every year, and since I only paid $79 for my last pair of Dryjoys on clearance compared to the $160 I paid for the Ecco's that never are on clearance, I am not sure I will go back. I wouldn't mind trying out the FJ Reeljoys maybe next year if they go on clearance.

The Eccos are the nicest looking shoes I own though.

4022d1182283209-ive-been-tangod-image_852.jpg

Nice but I still prefer my Orange Tango dancin' shoes!!!

Your right though they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. there not the best waterproof shoe in the world though mine will be going in the wardrobe until the spring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520