• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How's the weather down there now?

Well WBL I see your weather and I raise you:

Portland Weather Forecasts on Yahoo! Weather

Since I've lived in Melbourne,FL- Atlanta,GA- Philadelphia,PA- New York,NY- N.Canton,OH- Phoenix,AZ- Oakland,CA- and now finally Portland,OR I can firmly say that this is absolutely the best weather I have ever experienced- this place just rocks!!

Portland is a beautiful city.
I love that drive along the Columbia goerge on 84..

Since I've lived in Melbourne,FL- Atlanta,GA- Philadelphia,PA- New York,NY- N.Canton,OH- Phoenix,AZ- Oakland,CA- and now finally Portland,OR I can firmly say that this is absolutely the best weather I have ever experienced- this place just rocks!!

Do you get the kind of rain that Seattle is famous for?

What about the temps from October-March?

Coagulator

Looks like we both have the exact same weather forecast!! :D

So the story about Portland is that it gets a lot of "rain days" but the measurable rain is quite minimal- so while it will be gray it will just be moist enough to keep the fairways in proper condition :). Coming here from Manhattan- the "winter" that they have here is quite comical. I have now gotten rid of most of my winter wear. It does snow here- possibly one to three times during the winter and the entire city shuts down, they just aren't equipped to handle it. In reality I can't blame them due to the fact that the incidence rate is so low. In addition, salt for the roadways is a major no-no due to the enviromental concerns, with the Columbia filled with fish I'd prefer them living and uncompromised than salting the roadways. I have no idea what the winter temp avg. is, but I fully expect to be able to play into early December. Probably have to take Jan-Feb off due to snowboard season kicking in high gear and Mt.Hood just Rocks!!

NYPOP.net - My Pics :: Mt Hood Ski Pics 2007

I go to my Golf school this weekend and I'll start playing full scale next week- I'll post up pics of my first courses/rounds once I get there.

Not too funny. I went to the golf dome in Milwaukee this winter and there is a Municipal course alongside it. There these guys were, heavy parkas and stocking caps playing golf. It must have been almost 0º F outside. Luckily there was no snow. All the water hazards were froze. If you hit it ON the water you could just walk out and get it. And we play white balls in the winter to make it interesting! :D

Not too funny. I went to the golf dome in Milwaukee this winter and there is a Municipal course alongside it. There these guys were, heavy parkas and stocking caps playing golf. It must have been almost 0º F outside. Luckily there was no snow. All the water hazards were froze. If you hit it ON the water you could just walk out and get it. And we play white balls in the winter to make it interesting! :D

Just curious - I've heard that graphite shafts shatter in cold weather. Have you ever had that happen in the winter? If so I'll have to invest in a cheap steel-shafted driver and 3 wood, just for "winter play". :laugh:

I don't play in anything colder then 50º F so I wouldn't know!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423