• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid bump and run techniques

Bravo

Reaction score
IG inspired me last week when he said he spent 45 minutes with his new Sonartec Md learning how to bump and run around the green.

So I took my TM Rescue out on Sunday afternoon and did the same.

A couple of observations on this.

1) It is just so easy to do. All you do is sweep the ground behind the ball and the club does the rest.

2) The ball actually gets airborne for a short distance before coming back to the surface. I did not realize this but thought that the club produced a shot like a putt.

This enabled me to use it about 8 feet off the green with about 2-3 feet of heavier rough between the ball and the fringe. The sweeping motion produced a "ball flight" that was about three feet long and two inches high. Then the ball landed on the fringe and carried right on.

I got a cell phone call when I was doing this and started using the club with my right hand only. I would put my index finger down the side of the shaft and just chip away with it. very easy...

Remind me to sign you up for The British Open. :)

Loop said:
Remind me to sign you up for The British Open. :)

IF I go to Scotland in June - I am certain I will return with stories of how the courses brought me to my knees.

Something tells me it aint gonna be pretty...

Bravo, I ended up getting the #3 TM Rescue last week. Tried both shafts and went with the steel since I was trying to replace the 3 iron.

Haven't tried chipping with it yet but it's a great club.

Bravo said:
IF I go to Scotland in June - I am certain I will return with stories of how the courses brought me to my knees.

Something tells me it aint gonna be pretty...

So what's happening there then? Still not sure you are going?

As for the bump and run, its just a case of practice and building up confidence. Just golf I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520