• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I shot an 85 yesterday...

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and didn't hit a single drive over 215 yards!

I posted a thread a week or so ago about having a bum right shoulder. I have been doing some rehab exercises and generally taking it easy but I'm not going to give up golf entirely. I'm not swinging full-out now and can only get about 85 mph driver ss. So I've adapted a strategy of just hit it down the middle, keep it in play and concentrate hard on the short game. I'm also hitting about 2 clubs more on everything down to my PW. It's been an interesting little experiment and I've found that I can easily play bogey golf or better hitting the ball very short. My 85 easily could have been closer to 80 had I not three putted one hole and put my second shot on a par 5 OB.

Oh.. and let me tell you it takes a certain mental toughness to get outdriven by a woman most of the day. I was playing with another guy and a woman and she was outdriving me by about 25 yards on almost every hole! :laugh:

I was able to keep the ego in check (in part because she was very nice and not a bad golfer either) and had the best score of our group. An interesting experience for sure.

While not being able to hit it normally sucks, you probably learned a lot by hitting it short and finding other ways to score. I planned to hit an extra club all day on Friday, and until 16, when I went away from that plan, I played brilliantly.

Bravo for not hanging it up and playing with what you have.

Ditto.. I was trying some new swing mechanics out Friday evening.

Driver wasn't really much better, I found every fairway bunker, and had some nasty fades, almost slices.

But I was ironically 1, or 1.5 clubs longer than normal, due to the swing changes.... Messed me up on my par 3's.

But I too had a "bingo" moment... I shot a 39, +3...

I've never, ever shot that low.

Congrats on the game by the way!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35