• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm baaaccccckkkkkkkkkkk

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Reaction score
Ok then, I'm back again. Finally was able to justify getting my internet turned back on. As some of you know, I was layed off quite some time ago. Still haven't found anything in my field, but at least I am working at a new Dick's Sporting Goods near my home. In the golf department no less. The pay sucks, but I enjoy it at least. Anyway, just wanted to pop on and say hi.

There goes the neighborhood.

Glad you're making ends meet man, and wishing you luck in finding a better spot.

Hey mate!

Great to have you here again!

BTW, don't you get "special employee discounts" now?

Thanks Jeff and xamilo, glad to be back. I missed this place more than anything else not having internet access.

As far as discounts, there is an employee discount, unfortunetly its only 10% on clubs, but 25% on accessories. I've stocked up on summer clothes to golf in off the discount rack though, lol.

I do get to try out all the new clubs though, I am in love with the R-11 driver, that thing is suweet. The ball explodes off the face of it. I'll be trying out the new Cally Razr driver tomorrow, we just got them in. Can't display or sell them until the 18th, but no law against me taping one up and giving it a whirl, ;)

Plus, I can work on my own clubs when its slow, it's nice regripping and reshafting with the right equipment!!!!!

And the swag is nice, got a really nice R-11 shirt for the launch, and the Titty rep gave me 6 of the brand new Pro V1's to try out, and a couple of Titleist ball markers. Now if I can just get some free clubs, lol.

And get this, they are going to use me in some in store advertising, something about living the brand. The store manager overheard me talking about playing in amateur golf tournaments, so they took some pics of me hitting the new R-11 driver and had me fill out a bio about myself. I haven't seen the finished product yet, and I hope its no big deal, could be rather embarressing, lol

I'll bet you're on national TV!! And they got you to do the commercial for free!! Good luck on getting a job in your field....

I'll bet you're on national TV!! And they got you to do the commercial for free!! Good luck on getting a job in your field....

Lol, that would be just my luck WBL, and thanks.

glad to see you back!

Glad things are good with you. The Dicks job sounds like a hoot. Enjoy it until something comes up in your field. What do you do / like to do anyway?

Welcome back dub!!!

Great to hear you are at least working, hopefully you can find something better soon enough.

Thanks guys, I'm glad to be back.

The Dick's job is a blast, I could definitely live with it long term if the pay was better.

Welcome back MDD. I've definitely missed you flashing your tight ass at me. ;)

Welcome back, mddubya. I was getting tired of being the token redneck around here. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520