• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Im going to masters final rounds!

Wptightend

Reaction score
Okay I am new on here and am a golf fan but I have never been to a tournment before and I am very lucky that my uncle works for a fourtune 500 company and has passes for sat. and sun. as well as sponsor tent passes etc every kind of pass etc. you need im going to have. Also I am staying on the course in a mansion (idk if it is on the course, but whatever is the closest place u can stay, on the course or 10 feet away w/e thats where we are staying). So my question is what do i do? Whats the best places to go, best sponsor places, best viewing, best food, best bar, whats can I do with the sponsor pass? do i get free stuff? I know nothing about it and im very very lucky to be able to go im sure its 5-10k for everything I get to do in the 2 days. Any help, adivice etc. would be greatly appreciated this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and i jsut want to make the most of it thanks guys!

jake

If you want to see any golf dont try and follow Tiger, choose your favourite
a) Golfer
or
b) Green

and stick with it for awhile, also if you have any self respect bitch slap anyone that yells get in the hole.

It's been a long time since I attended a Masters tournament, so I don't know what they have on the grounds anymore. Augusta National has a rep of being somewhat stuffy, so don't expect a party atmosphere, at least on the National grounds.

Be careful trying to enter the clubhouse. That is considered "sacred" ground. Your sponsors pass may allow you to enter parts of it if you are lucky.

Never, ever say "Bobby who?".

Don't drop trash on the ground.

Reportedly, the T-Bonz on Gordon highway is where a lot of the players hang. I go there all the time, and I've never seen one.

Don't pin your Masters pass on your groin area.

Don't pick the flowers.

Don't wheel your clubs up to the front gate and ask the guard "Who do I see about my tee time?" (It happens.)

If an old geezer wearing a funny hat and a nice green blazer tells you something, pay attention, and do whatever he says, or the next person you will be talking to will be a Pinkerton outside the gates, who will remove your ticket from your body and won't give it back.

Welcome to Augusta. When you go back home, be sure to tell everyone you know how ignorant we are. It's OK, really. Just leave big tips.

:D

My strategy at tournaments is always the same:

Saturday: Crack of dawn: Follow the first group out to the 5th hole. Relax by the green until around 10:00am. Follow a group in to the turn and have lunch. Follow a group all the way to the 18th green (as close as possible). Hang out at several holes along the way.

Sunday: Crack of dawn: Immediately secure the best possible spot at the 18th green. Work it out with my buddies (the ones I brought, or my new-found friends) to take turns holding the spot while others wander the course. Everybody back in place by around 3:00. Stay there until the tournament's over.

They may do things a bit differently at Augusta.

also if you have any self respect bitch slap anyone that yells get in the hole.

I thought I was the only one who thinks that is annoying.

600 yard par 5, and they want it in the hole off the tee. :mad:<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I thought I was the only one who thinks that is annoying.

600 yard par 5, and they want it in the hole off the tee. :mad:<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
I can't stand those immature imbeciles. One of the greatest things about the 2004 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits (besides the awesome course) was the crowd. Shit like that was not tolerated. I think I heard one person all four days spew that phrase, and the crowd let him know that he would end up in Lake Michigan if he did it again.

i just got back from the practice round... WOW!!

Wow thanks for all the tips!

Yea i definetly wont yell get in the hole haha thanks for the tips on where to go, the people im going with have been there before so im sure they can show me the right things to do but im sure ill be by myself at one point so hopefully i wont do somthing stupid. But yea im not much of a tiger fan i mean hes great and all but i like phil im sure he will have a huge following too so i might sit at a hole maybe I can sit at 18 that would be alot of fun.

Anybody know if there is a chance for autographs afterwards i know they have a policy etc. but after the final if anyone knows i would appreciate it

thanks

A good viewing area is the 16th green. Get a map and head that way early. #6 green is right beside it you can start there and watch the first groups come in. There is a snack beverage tent right between the the two greens. you can also watch the tee shots on 17. The whole area is shaded with huge pines. The 2nd tee box isn't that far away either.

Wow thanks for all the tips!

Yea i definetly wont yell get in the hole haha thanks for the tips on where to go, the people im going with have been there before so im sure they can show me the right things to do but im sure ill be by myself at one point so hopefully i wont do somthing stupid. But yea im not much of a tiger fan i mean hes great and all but i like phil im sure he will have a huge following too so i might sit at a hole maybe I can sit at 18 that would be alot of fun.

Anybody know if there is a chance for autographs afterwards i know they have a policy etc. but after the final if anyone knows i would appreciate it

thanks

Id doubt that there would be autographs after the final round of a major. But its just a guess.

Sitting at 18 for the last hour or so would be optimal. Other than that, if it were me id want to get out to see some amen corner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520