• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It wasn't what I'd planned...

Ezra,

Is that a "spin milled"? I haven't had a chance to try mine yet. You've got me anxious to do some chipping. :)

What's the difference between an R7 Quad and an R7 425? I thought they were the same but TM makes so many versions I can't keep up with what's what.

:D

No, it's the older model. I don't really care for the agressive groove and milled face wedges. The TP wedges have a similar milled face and I couldn't control them well. The tear up the ball and actually stop too well. I like to land the ball with a slight fade, bite and kick right.

The 425 is basically the quad with a larger sweet spot. On TM site the show the 425 as being the quad and quad HT sweet spots combined. I hit one that was off outside of center and one inside of center. The outside actually drew a little and went 240 FW, the inside just over faded a little and 230 RR. That's what I need. Keep it in play even on a less than perfect strike but still have the ability to hit my go to fade. Trajectory is a lot higher also. A 10.5 would definitely be higher than I want.

i have to say the 425 is definitely long. i've seen some nice fade drives from EZ, but this one tops them all and he does it consistently.

his 50 oil can crap vokey does some amazing things. may be it's ez and not the wedge, but i saw him punch that thing from about 100 yd very very low and land it on the green. my PW is 49* and if i were to punch mine, it'll still fly pretty high.

anyways.. yesterday round i sucked... the day before range session was very good. i just gotta figure out what i'm doing and not doing.

I gotta head to the rage with you EZ so I can try that r7 (if you don't mind of course). The range near me only carries the 460 version which I did not like. I might head over there to see if their Titleist demos came in. Or to try the FT-3. My driver swing is coming back. Let's hope nothing else fails.

And congrats on finally finding something (for now at least) that you can hit well with consistency. It's a great feeling.

I gotta head to the rage with you EZ so I can try that r7 (if you don't mind of course). The range near me only carries the 460 version which I did not like. I might head over there to see if their Titleist demos came in. Or to try the FT-3. My driver swing is coming back. Let's hope nothing else fails.

And congrats on finally finding something (for now at least) that you can hit well with consistency. It's a great feeling.

It's for sale if you are interested. Stock stiff with headcover and wrench. I'll make you a good deal on it.

Yes, I have something new already. Camera batteries charging up now... Anyone have a guess?
icon10.gif

It's for sale if you are interested. Stock stiff with headcover and wrench. I'll make you a good deal on it.

Yes, I have something new already. Camera batteries charging up now... Anyone have a guess?
icon10.gif

Oil can something or other....:rolleyes:

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781