• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kilted Arab - through the keyhole

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much wrong here. Everything fairly simple and straightforward. KA is pretty tidy round the greens as well. I think the wind threw him badly.

One thing KA was slightly embarassed about though was the use of his wife's driver with an L flex shaft. Personally I have no issue with that. Whatever gets the job done.

I often wear my wife's underwear. :biglol:

I liked KA's swing - parallel at the top...

Looks like he has a death grip on the club though...he must re-grip frequently!!:p

IrishGolfer said:
One thing KA was slightly embarassed about though was the use of his wife's driver with an L flex shaft. Personally I have no issue with that. Whatever gets the job done.

I often wear my wife's underwear. :biglol:

And you frequently go into the bushes to have a look at it as well...

Enjoy the moment, Irish! You shall shortly be exposed....be afraid. Very Afraid.

The Good, the Bad ....

While we're waitin for KA's pics of IG waggling the pork sword, I found 2 pics of KA that illustrate the rollercoaster of a day we had in P'Stewart. The 1st pic is of KA in a crater - in actual fact myself and IG had searched for him for the allotted 5 mins and we're just about to look for a provisional KA when we found him :D If memory serves he left this shot halfway up the dune

2nd pic is what I would've considered to have been the shot of the day (if it wasn't for my h-in-1). This is #17 near enough straight downwind. The green is plateaued with a drop off either side of 50 feet or so. he played a majestic 9 iron into the top of the plateau and ran to about 20 feet away. he followed that with a scottish jig with 9 iron raised parallel overhead in place of a sword.

Oh just remembered........ and I hate raking up old points. but this is the hole that IG gave me the wrong line on , on a blind shot I was playing over the dip. There are a number of houses to the extreme right of the pic on top of the hill that IG gave me as a line...... history will not record it but I know and he knows :D

Enjoy
100_0314.JPG
100_0319.JPG

Keep em coming guys...they are beautiful.

That green looks positively devilish. I assume that any shot slightly off to the right or left will carom off like a billard ball...

And I loved the part about searching for a provisional KA!!

Bravo said:

That green looks positively devilish. I assume that any shot slightly off to the right or left will carom off like a billard ball...

Thanks for the kind words Bravo ....yeah exactly .....it was virtually impossible to fly all the way to the green and stop it on this particular day with a 40 mph coming off yer right shoulder. Ordinarily you might have played maybe upto 2 clubs less and drop it 30 yards short of the green and let it run up ....needless to say that wasn't an option on this shot - but ma man KA dropped the baby about 10 feet from the top of the slope and it held up, ran onto the green to about 15 feet or so..... the putt was inconsequential ;) or so KA will tell ya

Dave Ireland said:
Thanks for the kind words Bravo ....yeah exactly .....it was virtually impossible to fly all the way to the green and stop it on this particular day with a 40 mph coming off yer right shoulder. Ordinarily you might have played maybe upto 2 clubs less and drop it 30 yards short of the green and let it run up ....needless to say that wasn't an option on this shot - but ma man KA dropped the baby about 10 feet from the top of the slope and it held up, ran onto the green to about 15 feet or so..... the putt was inconsequential ;) or so KA will tell ya

There was no real need to search for a provisional KA - the guys just followed the sound of swearing...

last few days in Scotland...start of next week i'll post my own photos and the secret of how IG gets extra distance on his drives will be revealed.

Sorry, DI - no 'pork-sword' photos for you. I'm still wondering why you were taking a photo of a guy hiding away his tackle? Did you keep the 'tackle-out' photos for your private collection??

Kilted Arab said:
There was no real need to search for a provisional KA - the guys just followed the sound of swearing...

last few days in Scotland...start of next week i'll post my own photos and the secret of how IG gets extra distance on his drives will be revealed.

Sorry, DI - no 'pork-sword' photos for you. I'm still wondering why you were taking a photo of a guy hiding away his tackle? Did you keep the 'tackle-out' photos for your private collection??
Everyone were consenting adults? Not harm then...

;)

bdcrowe said:
Everyone were consenting adults? Not harm then...

;)

not for me to say whether IG was happy with DI taking cheeky snaps of his girl-bait...

Bravo said:

Bravo

This is index 2 on the course. It is 440 yards, and depending on the wind can be anything from a drive and a wedge (as was the case that day) to a drive and a 3 wood hit outa ya socks.

There is general agreement that this is an unfair hole as the green is very difficult to hold. To run it on you need to run it up a steep saddle, which in most cases results in the ball falling off to the side, leaving a very difficult chip. KA played an excellent shot. If you look at the picture closely you will see my drive. I tried to run a shot up and ended up falling off to the right for a guaranteed bogey!! You can see why is would be relatively easy to run up a snowman here.

Kilted Arab said:
not for me to say whether IG was happy with DI taking cheeky snaps of his girl-bait...

I have nothing to hide. Just DAve needs a better lens on his camera....wide angle!!!! :prop:

Dave Ireland said:
Oh just remembered........ and I hate raking up old points. but this is the hole that IG gave me the wrong line on , on a blind shot I was playing over the dip. There are a number of houses to the extreme right of the pic on top of the hill that IG gave me as a line...... history will not record it but I know and he knows :D

Enjoy

Dave

My line was exact. It was the 4th barn over on the hill, not the Pork barn. I dunno, those references to you taking pics of my tackle have got me thinking.

IrishGolfer said:
Dave

My line was exact. It was the 4th barn over on the hill, not the Pork barn. I dunno, those references to you taking pics of my tackle have got me thinking.

I was actually trying to get a close-up of the smile on the sheep's face ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520