• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Launch monitor Numbers advice, please???

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Reaction score
I went into American golf discount today and they had the MP600 with V2 shafts in them!!! I've only seen them with the Fit On before so I was very keen to give it a blast.

I got on the launch monitor and hit a 9.5 & 10.5 degree model both fitted with the V2 76S shaft. My swing speed was constatly around 100-105mph.

First I tried the 9.5 & I had a very low launch angle between 8.5 and 9.5 degrees most of the time. Very straight ball flight but slightly pulled. Carry was around 255. I changed to the 10.5 degree model and the launch angle went up slightly between 9.5 & 10.5 degrees. The 10.5 was straight down the pipe, no sign of that slight pull. Carry increased a little to 258-265 yrds.

I've arranged to go back tomorrow for a longer session on the launch monitor. I'm thinking of trying it with the weights set to a fade bias to try to increase the launch angle a wee bit.

What sort of carry should a swing speed of 100-105 mph genarate? Apart from the low launch angle he commented that other spin amounts were very good slight draw with low amount of back spin.

What numbers would get the most out of my swing?

EDIT;- forgot to mention that the tee was lower than i normally prefer.

Your launch monitor ss numbers and results are quite similar to mine with the Rapture. I got exactly the same results on the course. 12º-14º launch angle should be ideal so you might want to go up a loft. :)

Your launch monitor ss numbers and results are quite similar to mine with the Rapture. I got exactly the same results on the course. 12º-14º launch angle should be ideal so you might want to go up a loft. :)

Only thing with increasing the loft is that the back spin increases as well. I think the Tee being pegged up to my normal height will increase the launch angle a bit, I'm gonna take a bigger Tee with me tomorrow. I had a 905R with the V2 and hit that at a mid-high trajectory.

What sort of carry should a swing speed of 100-105 mph genarate

Hold on,I will just go and ask my mother and get back to you;)

Hold on,I will just go and ask my mother and get back to you;)

Thanks Dave my friend. As always one can expect great help from your goodself!!! PS fancy playing St.Annes old links on monday???

EDIT 1:- I was just gonna bid on some Hogan blades that I've been watching on ebay for a week. Then i noticed your sig and low and behold your the current top bidder. I won't bid against you although your flipent post nearly made me pull the trigger. I see you've gone for some more manly apex 4 shafts this time!!!

EDIT 2;- These are super sweet. Sugar & Spice

Yeah,they will go for 200 ish though,I am trying to keep the cost down, this is an experiment after all.

Great offer on Monday, cheers, but I gotta work, thanks anyway

I just won those Hogans btw

I would say a higher tee would give you maybe a degree or two... I would also agree with WBL, go up a degree. Maybe try the 10.5 and 11.5 on a higher tee see what happens.

You are forgetting about the ball. Before you chnage anymore gear, what ball do you use? A higher spinning ball may help

2.5 yards of carry for every mph of swing speed. I would say the number you were getting were very good. It takes a lot to get more than 250 of carry.

Low launch angles, low back spin and you're getting 260-ish CARRY?

Please post the averages you get today!

I went back on Friday to spend a little longer on the monitor before pulling the trigger. I was still launching around 10 degrees with my 1st few hits. I set it to full fade bias and managed to get it up to around 12.5-13.5 (they had a slightly larger tee than the one i used the day before). The side spin rates were low, i still had a slight pull but it's hard to imagine a fairway when you wacking the ball into a net 5 yards in front of you! Back spin was anything in between 2500 & 1500. Carry distance was between 245 and 265 depending on the quality of swing/strike.

I like the driver alot. I took it to the course and low and behold I launch this thing miles higher than most drivers I've hit. I should have got a 9.5 degree! That said the few I plyed on friday I toasted a couple out over 280, carrying about 275 when I strode out to the semi plugged mark on the fairway.

Playing tomorrow at St.Annes old links (round the corner from royal Lytham & St.Annes). I'm really looking forward to testing the driver some more as Saturdays round was an endourance challenge. I managed to get one ball round and didn't blob a hole but after the 1st hole you couldn't swing more than 60% as the rain had soaked everything and you could hardly grip your club even with a FJ Rain Grip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520