• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a West Chicago area course

Golfer5986

Reaction score
Hi all,

My father talked about playing a golf course built on a former quarry in the late 1980s. Some of the holes he described sounded pretty fun, including one where you're basically teeing off in a cavern/rock wall.

All he can recall is that the course was built on a former quarry and at the time a lot of the area in between holes was left as natural rock. There were a lot of inclines.

The golf course is somewhere west of Aurora, perhaps near Dekalb or Sugar Grove or Oregon, IL, but he stared at a map for about 30 minutes unable to find the course.

I'm hoping some golf veterans can give me a hand in figuring out which golf course this is. It may be a private course as well, I do not know.

Thank you

I have never heard of it, but there are lots of golfers from Wisconsin and a few from Illinois here so if it exists i'm sure someone around here has either played it or heard of it.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Unfortunately, the quarry 9 is brand new. That's one of the first (and repeated) results I found using google for awhile, so I looked into that one thoroughly.

This one would have existed in the mid to late 80s, though it is possible it is very private or has been shut down since then.

I'm hoping that somebody here at least remembers this course, even if it is no longer in existence.

Best case scenario is that it still exists, is public and in good shape so that I can play it :)

Hi all,

My father talked about playing a golf course built on a former quarry in the late 1980s. Some of the holes he described sounded pretty fun, including one where you're basically teeing off in a cavern/rock wall.

All he can recall is that the course was built on a former quarry and at the time a lot of the area in between holes was left as natural rock. There were a lot of inclines.

The golf course is somewhere west of Aurora, perhaps near Dekalb or Sugar Grove or Oregon, IL, but he stared at a map for about 30 minutes unable to find the course.

I'm hoping some golf veterans can give me a hand in figuring out which golf course this is. It may be a private course as well, I do not know.

Thank you

Hey man, I live in North Aurora and I've golfed every course within an hour radius of me and other than The Highlands I can think of another "Rock Quarry" course.

If it exists, it will be on google, just zoom out:

north aurora il golf courses - Google Maps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35