• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

more swings from Jim

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Had some perfect temps tonight, upper 60's, so I took advantage and had my wife take a few shots of my swing. I have taken some advice to heart and really worked hard on getting rid of my over the top move. These 3 swings resulted in 2 solid contact shots that were slightly pulled and the 3rd swing was a weak shot high and right.

I know its not a perfect down the line shot...a work in progress with the wife! :)

Let me know what you think and always, thanks!

I saw no OTT swings, but the last one looked like you wrapped the club around your neck like a scarf. Might be why you cut across it.

Side note: a public park? :D

• Staff
I saw no OTT swings, but the last one looked like you wrapped the club around your neck like a scarf. Might be why you cut across it.

Side note: a public park? :D
My back yard-across the road about 100 yds away is an elementary school. I hit across the road towards the tennis courts and school parking lot. I've only hit the school a few times! :)

Ah, I see. My guess is it's more fun when there are kids on the slides. Like trying to hit the guy picking up range balls.

• Staff
Ah, I see. My guess is it's more fun when there are kids on the slides. Like trying to hit the guy picking up range balls.
Exactly, moving targets!

The issues I see...
1. You're just a young pup!! You youngsters just haven't matured enough to be able to strike the ball well. Maybe in another 30 years or so...
2. Flip flops?? Are you tryin' to be the poor man's DFH? Are the flip flops Foot Joy, ECCO, or POW (People Of WalMart)?
:):):):)
Hey! You made good contact on the first two. The last one was a tad fat, but you're hitting out of what would be at least the first cut of rough. Don't get too wrapped up in style. Just continue making good contact and having fun.

Yes it did! It clicked when I could see it!

Thanks!
Your welcome...that's awesome!! :)
If you keep doing that drill, you'll notice that you're swing will work from the ground up and it's impossible to come OTT and wear the proper spot on the hill.
Just remember that you want to make sure you finish each swing so you're facing your target when your done.

• Staff
Your welcome...that's awesome!! :)
If you keep doing that drill, you'll notice that you're swing will work from the ground up and it's impossible to come OTT and wear the proper spot on the hill.
Just remember that you want to make sure you finish each swing so you're facing your target when your done.
I'm starting to understand what people mean when they say start your swing from the ground up. I have been focusing on shifting my weight a lot to and feeling the swing start in my right foot. It's made a huge difference!

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54