• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Most forgiving iron set?

eCkliptic

Reaction score
I started golfing during the summer and I really liked it. I currently have a set of really shitty irons that I got for 20 bucks. They're all wrong for me since they're a pretty stiff steel shaft and not very forgiving. But regardless, I'm slowly learning.

Now that Christmas has come and gone, I got a load of money that I wanna spend on a set of clubs.

Do you guys have any suggestions for sets within the $300 range? The main objective is forgiveness since I'm still learning and the bigger the sweet spot the better. I was browsing the archives and there was an old thread where people suggested Mizuno MX-19s and the TaylorMade RAC OS and OS2s . Are those still the most forgiving sets available on the market? And what are some good websites for me to look for good deals on used/new clubs?

I started golfing during the summer and I really liked it. I currently have a set of really shitty irons that I got for 20 bucks. They're all wrong for me since they're a pretty stiff steel shaft and not very forgiving. But regardless, I'm slowly learning.

Now that Christmas has come and gone, I got a load of money that I wanna spend on a set of clubs.

Do you guys have any suggestions for sets within the $300 range? The main objective is forgiveness since I'm still learning and the bigger the sweet spot the better. I was browsing the archives and there was an old thread where people suggested Mizuno MX-19s and the TaylorMade RAC OS and OS2s . Are those still the most forgiving sets available on the market? And what are some good websites for me to look for good deals on used/new clubs?

I'd look at Adams Golf. They specialize in game improvement clubs.

One of our sponsors - Global Golf - is a great company, with some good deals and superb customer service. I've bought many things from them and never been disappointed. One thing you will hear a lot of is, "They advertised these used clubs as 3 of 5 stars, but they look brand new to me!"

Click on the "Pro Shop" link at the top of the page. They have some good used sets right now.

If you want to go for the most forgiving, then get these:

Cleveland HiBore Iron Set 3-E Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com

One of our sponsors - Global Golf - is a great company, with some good deals and superb customer service. I've bought many things from them and never been disappointed. One thing you will hear a lot of is, "They advertised these used clubs as 3 of 5 stars, but they look brand new to me!"

Click on the "Pro Shop" link at the top of the page. They have some good used sets right now.

If you want to go for the most forgiving, then get these:

Cleveland HiBore Iron Set 3-E Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com

+1 on this post. I had a set of HiBore irons and its hard to hit a bad shot with them. And Global Golf is hard to beat.

One word eBay!!!!!!! You can find bargains on just about any piece of golf eqipment you could ever want.

+1 on this post. I had a set of HiBore irons and its hard to hit a bad shot with them. And Global Golf is hard to beat.

A simple enthusiastic yes.

2002 series Big Bertha irons from Callaway.

You could swing blindfolded with those and still hit the ball on the sweet spot. They have great feedback and are super game improvement with their deep sole.

I loved those irons. Felt like you were hitting and orange when you pured it.

R35

callawaygolfpreowned.com
gppgolf.com
rockbottomgolf.com

Edwin Watts is selling the 06 big bertha's for $299

A lot of great deals out there right now, both new and used.

A friend of mine has some Adams and swears by them! For $299 those big bertha's are a steal and not even ebay has them for that cheap...In my local store they are almost 20% so maybe online is best!

Thanks for the tip and looking to upgrade my wifes stuff too!
B.gif

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427