• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My $59 Fairway Wood

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I got rid of the hybrids I had to replace the 3-hybrid with a 5-wood. I bought a "Walter Hagen" AWX cheapo on sale at Dick's for $59.

This thing is awesome! Straight down the middle and I'm hitting it longer then my Adams 3-wood. Over 200 yards easily. I'm getting rid of the Adams and buying a Walter Hagen 3-wood now! It's got the ancient Grafalloy ProLite stiff shaft in it and it's really got some "pop" to it.

I did the opposite yesterday: pulled out the R9 3 & 5 woods and replaced them with a Cleveland 1 hybrid and a Nike 2 hybrid. I can hit the hybrids off the deck, but the fairway woods are slicing.

Gotta love these!

My Orlimar 19* is the best wood I've ever owned. The head cost me $9.00 and the Accuflex Evo cost me $23. I broke it at the hosel trying to pull it from the 3 wood I had it in so shoved it into the 19*.

Draw, fade, low, high on command like you wouldn't believe. Consistent 210 meters that I can bust out to 220-230 if needed. Easy as piss to hit off the deck.

Sometimes the cheapies are easily the best.

Yep, my most consistent club in my bag is a Maltby CT250 7 wood, 21º, discontinued ages ago. I got the head for $5.00 on clearance, put a Aldila NV 75-S that was thrown in for free on another deal with a fellow Shot Talker who thinks they only good for tomato plant stakes. When it arrived it had a tour wrap grip on it that I finally changed out this year. For years I was out-driving numeous of my playing partners with a 7 wood. Before my shigles and the resulting nerve damage to the #7 rib on my left side, I was hitting this "7 wood", 225-240 yards with a beautiful baby draw.

Yep, my most consistent club in my bag is a Maltby CT250 7 wood, 21º, discontinued ages ago. I got the head for $5.00 on clearance, put a Aldila NV 75-S that was thrown in for free on another deal with a fellow Shot Talker who thinks they only good for tomato plant stakes. When it arrived it had a tour wrap grip on it that I finally changed out this year. For years I was out-driving numeous of my playing partners with a 7 wood. Before my shigles and the resulting nerve damage to the #7 rib on my left side, I was hitting this "7 wood", 225-240 yards with a beautiful baby draw.

Makes a helluva tomato stake.

R35

Just dumped my POS Adams 3-wood and got a Hagen like my 5-wood. I can't possibly hit it worse then that POS Adams.

I have had an original Adams tight lies 7 wood for about 6 years and it is a club that cannot be replaced. By far it is the most consistent club in my bag and very versitile. I think I got the club in '05 for $10 on Ebay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520