• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Driver.....

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Reaction score
So I just slapped my current driver on ebay. Just didnt like the head or the shaft, head was closed, and on most good strikes the ball would be a straight pull, and when I tried to hit a draw,it would hook, and my fades never faded.

My swing speed average from todays visit to the launch monitor was 93, with a few up at 97, and some staggering in the high 80s. So in kind of in between a Regular and a stiff. Im looking for a firmer regular, or a softer stiff, and if you could suggest a shaft, thatded be great.

Im probably going to go to golfsmith this week to try out a bunch of different drivers, but I tried the Bruner, r7 460 TP, and the Insight today on the simulator, and seemed to hit the r7 460 TP 64r the best. But I would like to try the Burner TP in the 50gram Stiff because the shaft in the normal burner felt perfect, but the head was closed like 4*.

What should I do, ive got $375 in paypal balance plus more coming from the Cobra im selling, so about $450 to be conservative to work with.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

try a GD ys-6+ regular tipped an inch into a standard bore. at your SS regular should be fine. you could get away with a stiff with the ys-6+ as well though.

You and I have the same profile.

Me: 90-94mph. Fight a pull. Bad shots are snap hooks. Almost never slice.

The ProForce V2 regular shaft plays firm, and it is very stable. Some call it "boardy". I don't think so at all. The tip is firm enough that I can actually swing hard without worrying about the shap hook (even though the MX-500 is designed to play a little closed).

I think if you could find a Burner TP with a V2 regular shaft, you would be in heaven. I'm actually keeping my eyes open for one myself, since I really liked the Burner TP I tried (with a different shaft I did not like). I'm very happy with my current driver, and I love the V2 shaft.

But that siren song...

I agree with the Regular V2 recomendation. Have a search for a Titleist D1 or D2 both have square set up's. The D1 is very, very easy to hit straight but the D2 looks better, sounds better and if you've got a fairly decent repeatable swing is also easy to use, the V2 is a standard shaft option in both so there should be a few floating around the Bay.

You and I have the same profile.

Me: 90-94mph. Fight a pull. Bad shots are snap hooks. Almost never slice.

The ProForce V2 regular shaft plays firm, and it is very stable. Some call it "boardy". I don't think so at all. The tip is firm enough that I can actually swing hard without worrying about the shap hook (even though the MX-500 is designed to play a little closed).

I think if you could find a Burner TP with a V2 regular shaft, you would be in heaven. I'm actually keeping my eyes open for one myself, since I really liked the Burner TP I tried (with a different shaft I did not like). I'm very happy with my current driver, and I love the V2 shaft.

But that siren song...

Eracer

I'm having a V2 regular flex put in my 905R since I don't like the YS-6+ stiff. I'm getting the 75g V2 though as I found I like a slightly heavier weight after playing a used R5 Dual TP the last couple of weeks. I had hit sssmokin's Sasquatch with the V2 regular flex and crushed one and it felt fantastic. The YS-6+ seems to be "just there" and V2 gives a "kick". I like a shaft that "kicks"... :D

I've quit trying to be "macho" and am going to hit something that might help me get my distance back.

I've got the YS-6+ stiff pull if your interested. Brand new this summer.

Sniped the r7 460 TP 10.5 off ebay for $202.50, from a reliable source (yo*bo). Wanted something Burnerey shaped, but with movable weights. Should be here by the end of next week. Went with the RE*AX tip stiff low-ish torque Regular shaft so it plays good to flex for me.

Ill get pics upon arrival

Well I swing about 106-110 right now, and I have the R7 Quad M.A.S2 Stiff flex, but it has a softer tip. I am mostlikely putting a new shaft in in a couple days, because i needed a firmer tip, If you would Like I can send that you you for a try? I think it would be perfect for 90-98

Thanks for the offer. But i think the shaft will play perfectly for my swing.

If anything comes up where the shaft is a rope, Ill contact you

Holy crap, used this at my high school meet today.

This thing is looong, hit 8/9 fairways and was sending it 250 easy, and hit it past the 150 marker on the 434 yard par 4 to 8 iron distance, and birdied it.

Stupid easy to hit straight, have it set to heel 6......10 toe. hit little draws.

With the ball flight, you can see that the ball speed is highit just travels through the air faster.

Awesome club!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427