• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to site.

Armygolf

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm 42 years old I live in Minnesota and I haven't been on a course in about 15 years.
About 2 months ago I acquired a full set of second hand clubs. The brand name is Select Edition. I really don't know much about them, but they swing pretty well for me. I've been spending a lot of time at the driving range getting a feel for the irons, mainly the 5, 7, 9, and PW. I reserve about a dozen or so balls from my bucket to get a few swings in with the drivers, but all I've really been able to master is the slice. I don't actually have my sights set to high, but I'm on the verge of taking golf a bit more seriously. I've got an indoor facility near my home and I'm contemplating some lessons over the winter. This looks like a site with a good group of members and I look forward to reading your posts.

AG

Welcome to ST. T'is a great place of truely obessed people:D

Just stay away from Ezra, he'll put skymarks on your driver;)

Welcome to ST, not much let of your golf season.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya, I know I got a late start, but hopefully some lessons and practice over the winter will get me ready for next spring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the warm welcome. Honestly, I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the information I've been filtering through to get myself up to speed. I hope you guys don't mind dumbing things down for the new guy.

For example, I was reading some of the recent posts on shafts and I started following some of the links and doing some reading and I had an information overload. It's just too much to soon. I'm still just trying to hit the ball consistantly.:rolleyes:

So pardon me if I ask all those repetitive newbie questions.

I'm going with the "keep it simple stupid" for right now.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Honestly, I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the information I've been filtering through to get myself up to speed. I hope you guys don't mind dumbing things down for the new guy.

For example, I was reading some of the recent posts on shafts and I started following some of the links and doing some reading and I had an information overload. It's just too much to soon. I'm still just trying to hit the ball consistantly.:rolleyes:

So pardon me if I ask all those repetitive newbie questions.

I'm going with the "keep it simple stupid" for right now.

I may be going out on a limb here but I think this applies to just about everyone here...

Welcome!!

Welcome to ST. T'is a great place of truely obessed people:D

Just stay away from Ezra, he'll put skymarks on your driver;)

WELCOME!!! also be aware of WarBirdLover... he might ho ur driver with out you knowing

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking