• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL draft

Yup. I agree... cept that KC and the Raiders are in the same boat, and Denver isnt all that impressive either. All three teams could go 4-12.

Not sure I liked the Redskins strategy on this draft and in the end they may have done more harm than good.

While Brian Orakpo fell in their lap in the first round, is a great pickup and is going to make them one of the best defenses in the league from what was already a 4th rated defense and resigning Hall and picking up Haynesworth. Their later picks will likely have little impact and they seem to only add to the defense and positions they are already very strong at in depth. It would seem that even though they had no 2nd, 2 3rds and 2 7ths i believe.

I actually am more excited picking up Chase Daniel from Missouri undrafted. The reason being that they all but ostracized Jason Campbell and I am not sure what future he has with this team after not only going after Cutler but then Sanchez as well. Sadly I thought he performed fairly well considering his age and adapting to a new coach and new system. I think Chase Daniel may have a future in this league, and unless they manage to sign a new QB or do something to iron out the lack of confidence with Jason Campbell, it wouldn't surprise me to see them be forced to throw Daniel in the mix too early.

I further wouldn't be surprised to see them make a move for one of the QB's with Cleveland now that they have forced their hand and are now likely going to be forced to make a deal, and personally it is sad because I believe Campbell is a better option. I probably would have rather had Cutler or Sanchez, but if you are going to try and pull that trigger with no real viable option to fall back on if you PO your existing QB, you better either make the deal or not be upset if you only end up shooting yourself in the foot.

While Daniel may have a future in this and would be a remarkable pick up if that happens, I doubt it will be sudden and may mean an otherwise strong team with an outside chance at a Superbowl may have to take a year or two too rebuild.

I was switching back & forth watching this. Thing that got me was some of the kids like Crabtree sitting there all decked out like some sort of pimp. Pink shirt, huge diamonds in both ears & a massive bling bling watch. I sorta enjoyed watching him squirm.

Thought it was funny though when one of the reporters said one of Crabtrees family members actually had a big sigh of relief when Oakland passed him up.

I'm pretty sure just about every Texas Tech fan in the country felt the same relief. Unless he goes through a major shift in attitude and work ethic, SF just got themselves a very hard worker and a good kid.

He opted to stay in Texas for his Senior Year I believe.

Yes he did. I hoping he would go early since the Tech game is in Austin this year but oh well.

Oops, I meant...

What happened to Colt Brennan from Hawaii, he was on Washington last year during preseason?

Oops, I meant...

What happened to Colt Brennan from Hawaii, he was on Washington last year during preseason?
He is still with the 'Skins, and an interesting concept that him and Daniel could be fighting for a starting job if they run Campbell out of town. While Brennan lit it up in the pre-season his first year, I am not sure I see him fitting into the Redskins offense or adapting to the West Coast Offense as well as Daniel.

So Brennan would be a possibility if they wish to design an offense around him and go with the Run and Shoot and throw the ball down the field. They have the players, however if they were going to do that you would think they would have extended the same courtesy with Campbell. While the Spread at Mizzou is roughly the same as the Run and Shoot, the plays are mainly set and dictated by the coach which is the reason Campbell had so much trouble early on when Zorn couldn't get the play on the field. Zorn obvious wants full control. Which in fact was the biggest criticism in his not being able to easily adapt. I think Daniel could more easily adapt to their offense.

Although it makes you wonder. You have a player that effectively runs the Run and Shoot and now one that has spent his entire college and HS career with The Spread. Makes you wonder if the West Coast Offense may not be short lived in Washington.

Oakland is where 1st round draft picks go to kill their career. Al Davis has lost it, its time to let someone else make the football decisions on that team. They have a top 10 draft pick almost every year as they simply suck.

I would be happy, too, to go to the 49'ers rather than across the bay to Oakland.
Then, after their career is over, the Bucs grab them.:bang:

I love the Packers draft this year. They got just what they needed.

I remember last preseason that Brennan was VERY accurate, and kinda short.

Back to the Raiders, I dont get the outrage with their 1st round pick. Crabtree, from some reports, didnt want to be a Raider, and the Raiders didnt want him. Sure, they could have traded down 10 spots, but theres always the risk of losing your guy. Is the risk of losing DHB, aka "their guy", worth a 4th rounder in a weak draft? I dont think so, others disagree.

THe pick of that safety from god knows where was a weird pick, and Al Davis hasnt picked a decent safety since... ... ... ... ... ... Eddie Anderson in the late 80s? That picked sucked. The success of the team is riding on Jamarcus' inaccurate arm and the head coach/Al giving them a tactical chance to win. 5-11 for 09.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520