• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No more slice

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been fighting this with the driver on and off for years. I believe I now have fixed it. I didn't have an outside in swingpath but wasn't always getting the face closed. Arthritus won't let me grip good (lightly) with the right hand on the small end of the grip.

Corrected my grip per Faldo's book (which is what most teach). I was getting it too far into the palm of the left hand and too weak in the right hand.

Choked up on the grip after reading all the success stories in here on the benefits of a shorter shaft. I had read Wishon's book but couldn't make myself believe it worked. This was a MAJOR factor in getting the face closed and I got more distance. Still could make it slice with a bad swing.

Put on a Feel golf grip (reverse taper) and this was the final fix.

After a few swings getting used to that grip I started hitting them down the middle over and over and over farther then I have in years. I "tried" to slice it and the most I could get was a slight fade with no distance loss.

And if Wi-Golfer or anyone makes fun of this "bite me"!! :D

Sounds interesting.. I play a natural fade/cut.. I crank some down the middle, some I hook the hell out of, and most of the time this past round I was getting weak slices.

I know it's got to be my grip because most of my swings are blocks.

What does Faldos book teach? Similar to Hogan?

WBL if you are having problems gripping/ Have you tried oversized grips?

I had a "mid" size grip ready to go on if this didn't work... :)

Have you learned nothing about the golf gods? I don't care if you did fix the problem, the fact that you posted this just got you zapped with a new one. Bad, bad idea to brag of fixing something.

BTW, as you check out different grips get one of the Avon Chamois midsize or jumbo - it's intended for arthritis. It is a really nice grip - I put one on a club for dad a few weeks ago and it made a huge difference in his grip ability.

Have you learned nothing about the golf gods? I don't care if you did fix the problem, the fact that you posted this just got you zapped with a new one. Bad, bad idea to brag of fixing something.

Bingo!!! And doing the night before an outing?? Are you frickin nuts? The slicing/shanking nut kicking gods are going to have a field day with you tomorrow.:D

Bingo!!! And doing the night before an outing?? Are you frickin nuts? The slicing/shanking nut kicking gods are going to have a field day with you tomorrow.:D

Wi-Golfer

That's why I did it. It's the ultimate test of whether it's fixed or not. :)

And why haven't you taken your Geritol & gone to bed already? You need to be up early.:p

Let's just say the gods don't like to be ridiculed.

Let's just say the gods don't like to be ridiculed.

The golf gods weren't "Pillar of salt" or 40 days/nights of rain cruel, but they did throw some humble pie his way.

Yup....twice along with two consecutive drives into the water and then more on the second shot.. :( Only two mild slices though.

And ejdaul21 and everyone else played in the water a couple times too! :D

WBL---glad you liked Faldo's book---his description of a "swing for life" really did simply the process for me. Some great positional tips and drills creating feel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520