• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No wonder GM is bankrupt!!!!!!!

Clug- I'm with you. And it's silly that people think you're not entitled to good service because you are well off. Whether it's your daily driver, a worthless bucket, or a weekend vette, NO ONE should be waiting 2 months for a part from the dealer.
Geez, SUX, lighten up. :mgw: I'm sure Clug knew I was kidding him...not sure why you didn't.

I think it's ridiculous to wait that long for a part, also. It's just fortunate Clug's able to drive something else while the vette's down.

I happily tell everyone of the wonderful experience and our great car.

If you were into brand management, which story would you like your customer's to be telling, mine or Limpalong's?

Have a project going within 8 miles of this dealership. Currently, between the GC and subs, 40+ workers. When on site, I tell everyone who will listen not to use the dealer for anything. GC has all Chevy company trucks. His superintendent has told all the foremen to not take their trucks to this dealership for service. I know of at least 3 vehicles purchased by staff who haven't even bothered shopping at this dealer.

This dealership made a judgement call. They decided that it was not worth the cost to take care of a customer... because that "customer" wasn't from the area. I know I have, personally, cost this dealer more in lost business than he ever would have spent to make things right.

But, that's the local dealer and I understand you can find poor customer service at a specific dealership or grocery store or WalMart or MacDonalds. I think the thing that really upset me was the Chevy customer service person. "Like a rock!" That slogan came to mind when connected with a customer service person who was just like talking to a rock! My goodness, GM!!! If you're going to D.C for handouts from the taxpayers of the U.S., at least employee customer service folks who can speak english!!!!!! (Sorry! I know we're not supposed to get into political issues on this forum and I apologize if that was "over the top"!)

I love my truck! It has given me exemplery service, just like previous GM vehicles. Driving the miles I do, I have carried on some "interesting" conversations with my truck. She has performed above and beyond expectations. She has done everything I have asked of her... and more. She's barely "broke in" at 125,000 miles and still feels like she's got some good miles in her. I've tried to impress on her, in those conversations, that my disdane for her manufacturer in no way minimizes my appreciation as to how hard she has worked. Yet, I also explain to her the reasons I slow down when passing by the Toyota dealership or the Ford dealership and eye her competition.

Limp, I would get a lawyer and try to DESTROY that dealership. There is NO excuse for that. You broke my speedometer? I don't care how weak it was, YOU broke it. Tough luck, but now it's YOUR problem.

Sue them for the cost of repair, your travel costs in filing the suit, and ANYTHING else you can think of. These *******s do not deserve to have a business. That is so, so wrong.

What's the address? I'm feeling a little... arsony :)

We've owned two Hyundai's in the last few years. Wife drives a Honda Civic. I drive a (surprisingly good) Mercury Sable. Both Hyundai's are excellent cars and if I was buying new it would be a Hyundai. I've got a Chevy horror story too but won't bother with it. Limpalong's beats even mine. :D

Seriously, I will never another GM, Ford, or Chrysler. Of course, the way those companies have been run into the ground, no one will be able to buy one in few more years.

A couple of months ago, I had to take my Acura in for its' 30K service, then a few days later, a water leak showed up, and it had to go in again.

Both times the dealership loaned me 2008 model Acuras to drive while mine was being repaired: free. All I had to do was put gas in them.

Honda/Acura knows how to run a car company.

i work for a auto repair shop and we have this problem with all the main company but the worst is mazda. we wait longer for stuff from them they any other dealer

Since Mazda was purchased by Ford, this has been the bottleneck. I talked with the guy that's worked for Mazda all his life and said the worst thing they ever did was agree to get bought out by them. Ford got all the new designs and technology from Mazda and Volvo, and it's killed the other two in the process.

R35

Another Chevy story for you... On our way to Myrtle for our golf trip, one of the guys who drove Tahoe's tranny quits on him, I mean completely gone. This is a 2005 model, with only 52000 miles on it. He is quoted $2800 to fix it, no warranty. So, he starts making calls, gets to some one who tell him that they can not help him with the repairs, but would he be intersted in a discount on a new GM vehicl..at which point he hangs up and has vowed to never own another GM of any kind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520