• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Not sure what is happening

Stay behind the ball with your weight/center of gravity. If you are swaying and throwing your weight around you will have grief. Keep your head from moving around so much.

I'll definitely explore this advice some.

Whenever I feel like I'm losing power I tend to sway more in an attempt to generate some momentum,,,not good.

The usual results are lack of distance and all around poor ballstriking which I have seen within the last month before this total fold.

Truth be told, I joined an indoor league where several guys are posting big ballspeed numbers and for the first time I feel like a puny hitter.

I've been there all season - it's horrendous.

However, what I did to cure my woes was to go back to the beginning. Most of our problems start with a poor grip and/or posture. Check those, take a look at some vids (on Swing Academy/Youtube Swing vision) and compare your posture to them. Once you have settled that issue start looking at your take away and go stage by stage through your swing doing the same thing. Get in front of a mirror so you can actually see what you are doing.

I found my posture had got too upright and I was swinging too flat and round myself, all I could hit was hooks or high blocks and it was because my set up had gone off.

So my advice would be to take a look at everything in your swing step by step and just familiarise yourself with where you should be at each checkpoint.

1. Set up
2. Half way back
3. At the top
4. Half way down
5. Impact
6 Follow through

Then go and take a lesson

It helped me and I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to hit a decent ball again.

And good luck, cos I know how awful it is to be where you are.

Ah. Great advice.

I'm already going back to what got me here in the first place. I figure it's a great place to start ( from the beginning ) since I have no idea what to do when its time to just hit the ball.

Everything is great advice except the lesson part. Last time I went for lessons I got so bad I almost quit the game.

Take a break from it. Going to the range already knowing your playing bad makes it 10 times worse.

A break is not an option.

We just started our indoor men's league where we play every thurs night.

Must fix NOW :killersmiley: !

A break is not an option.

We just started our indoor men's league where we play every thurs night.

Must fix NOW :killersmiley: !

I'd second what Stanters says, I know he's had a difficult season and his advice is what has helped him out. Although, If you must play then just try to stay relaxed, keep your grip pressure light. If you go in there all tense up expecting to hit bad shots guess what you'll do? :wow: You need to stay relaxed and swing easy let your musscle memory kick in and get your natural swing back.

One good tip I also had was to stand about 8-10 feet away from the ball and give yourself 4 seconds to get up and hit it.

Obviously you have no time to fiddle about or check where you are but you swing naturally - I was really surprised at the results even if the results are not what this is about - it's just a good way to free your mind up and realise that your natural uncluttered swing can still work.

YOu could also be tilting rather than turning - try hitting a few balls off a tee standing on just your right leg. Again, the results are not important but you'll get the feel of turning properly and loading your right side. Then stand normally and just imagine your right leg is still the only one in contact with the ground.

Both of these tips helped me and I had your symptoms so give them a try - you have nothing to lose.

Obviously you have no time to fiddle about or check where you are but you swing naturally - I was really surprised at the results even if the results are not what this is about - it's just a good way to free your mind up and realise that your natural uncluttered swing can still work.

Honestly, it pisses me off at how well my non-thinking swing works. Because I can never force that thing to come around. But as soon as I make a bad shot sometimes I'll drop a ball out of my pocket and just hit the damn thing -- there hasn't been a single time when it wasn't one of the best shots of my round, usually THE best shot of the round. I just can't get this stupid fuzzy brain to shut up and let it happen all the time.

I'd second what Stanters says, I know he's had a difficult season and his advice is what has helped him out. Although, If you must play then just try to stay relaxed, keep your grip pressure light. If you go in there all tense up expecting to hit bad shots guess what you'll do? :wow: You need to stay relaxed and swing easy let your musscle memory kick in and get your natural swing back.

I'm definitely taking both of your advice very seriously!

I cannot fart with my swing too much and it is what it is, but I am only playing once a week so I am doing basics drills every day several times.

When it comes time to actually hit the ball, thats exactly what I'll do. Good or bad.

I like to believe my swing is very natural but I have spent ALOT of time to get it that way. I am revisiting that place all over.

One good tip I also had was to stand about 8-10 feet away from the ball and give yourself 4 seconds to get up and hit it.

YOu could also be tilting rather than turning - try hitting a few balls off a tee standing on just your right leg. Again, the results are not important but you'll get the feel of turning properly and loading your right side. Then stand normally and just imagine your right leg is still the only one in contact with the ground.

Both of these tips helped me and I had your symptoms so give them a try - you have nothing to lose.

Your help has been immense.

I feel like your thought analysis and mine are somehow in sync.

Honestly, it pisses me off at how well my non-thinking swing works. Because I can never force that thing to come around. But as soon as I make a bad shot sometimes I'll drop a ball out of my pocket and just hit the damn thing -- there hasn't been a single time when it wasn't one of the best shots of my round, usually THE best shot of the round. I just can't get this stupid fuzzy brain to shut up and let it happen all the time.

I'm the same way.

But somehow I've been cursed to be an internal thinker.

Here's one for you.

If you think "Don't think". Are you thinking?

When I shot a 67 this year I truly was not thinking ( 'cept after the 14th hole. It was "come on,,,hold in there :shark:)

Maybe you never had a golf game and your just now realizing it. Ha Ha sorry 295 just a joke to try and shed some back on you from my post

Maybe you never had a golf game and your just now realizing it. Ha Ha sorry 295 just a joke to try and shed some back on you from my post

Ha, good one.

I have been told I am slow :prop:.

All kidding aside, I never thought I ever had much game and never ever expected anything from this crazy game.

But, when all of a sudden I cannot even hit a single shot anymore to the point it looks like i never played the game before,,,:bang:

Grab your nearest 7 or 8 iron.
Start with 15 yard chips, take it back, cock the wrist just a little... pivot through firm left wrist decending blow.

After you are perfect with those, swing up to 9 and 3 on the finish. Finish a bucket hitting those. Don't leave until you strike them well. I have actually discovered that for me, a good drill here is to keep my feet together. Forces me to balance and there's no way I can help the ball in the air and maintain posture/balance

Finish on a positive note. Don't pull the driver out. No, not the 3 wood either. Not even a wedge.

Just walk away.

Come back the next day and start with the chips, move to the 9/3 and when the striking/timing is good. Move from there to a 3/4 then finally a full swing.

I think the key here is to go back to a mini swing and work back into the full swing incrementally.

YMMV.

Great advice here. This is exactly what I do when I seem to lose my swing. Break it down then build it back up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520