• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NXT Tour > E6

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Reaction score
I played a few rounds this weekend with the purpose of finding a gamer for me this year.The premie balls are to expensive for me at this time of my hacking career so I stuck to what most call mid priced balls.All in all it had come down to listening to some reviews and opinions on here and other places that the E6 was the best mid ball going so I tried it alternating balls with the NXT Tour that I use for the same reason I am trying the E6.(good reviews).First on the drives the E6 was slightly longer although not quite as straight.This was with and into a pretty stiff 20-30mph wind.Then on the mid irons pretty much the same but from there in the feel or control was not as good as the NXT.So in my humble opinion NXT Tour > E6 Next up I will try the E5.What do you think or have experienced?

sorry wrong board.if a moderator could move it thank you

I didn't see much difference between E5 and E6. I didn't like the NXT but I didn't use the Tour. Try the TopFlite D2 "feel" ball. You'll like it. :)

Ditto on the TopFlite D2. A great ball and actually discounted at some Targets and Wallyworlds.

I gave the E5 a good workout this past weekend..........and I love them. The distance was comparable to most balls today, but I really liked the feel when hitting irons, chipping, and putting. It's definitely my favorite mid priced ball.:)

I bought a dozen of the E5's and played them for a round. I gave my playing partner the ones I didn't lose. I'm sticking with the Black Max, although I will try the D2, based on what I'm hearing about it.

The NXT tours weren't bad. They just can't compare to the Black Max, and I'm willing to pay the extra $$$ for the better ball.

thanks all for responding sounds like I need to give a sleeve of D2's and E5's a tryout.WBL...you tried both the e5 & e6 and found not much difference?

I've used both the E5 and E6 during a round and really did not see the differences they talk about in their adds. Both worked great. Strange since one is a three piece and one is a two piece ball but that's what I noted. I got my first ace last summer with the E5. :)

thanks all for responding sounds like I need to give a sleeve of D2's and E5's a tryout.WBL...you tried both the e5 & e6 and found not much difference?

The E6 is primarily a distance ball meant to go straighter, while the E5 spins more for higher shots.

A good ball is the Precept XP3.... seamless technology 432 dimples , good feel and distance. Not sure on availability but in GT (Canada) $25/doz.
Worth a look!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427