• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off-season Golf (AKA golf after the Fall series)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on your interest there's still a lot of golf being played.

For mine, I'm interested in who wins the Race to Dubai.

Also, there are some good tournaments played in South Africa over the Christmas period (eg. SA Open, Nedbank Challenge at Sun City).

Similarly, there are three good tournaments played in Australia in the November/December period (Australia PGA, Australian Masters, Australian Open).

I attended the Australian Masters last year, which was the last tournament that Tiger played as a happily married man. This year he is returning and Garcia and Villegas are also trying their luck. Interestingly, the Australian Open will feature Greg Norman and Freddie Couples competing against each other. Perhaps a warmup for their next Presidents Cup bout as captains.

Do you still take an interest in golf tournaments after the end of the US PGA season? if so, which ones?

Once the weather turns cold and daylight is gone I'll have some interest. For now I'm playing golf and enjoying all of my other hobbies and enjoying living at the beach after the tourist season is over.

While I have interest, its hard to watch those tourneys you mentioned because they are mainly only shown on the golf channel. I find the golf channel very disappointing. For a channel that is supposedly dedicated to just golf, they sure show alot of other stuff. I also find that broadcasts done by the Golf Channel are excruciating to watch. I do like to watch the euro tour occasionally and also the nationwide tour, usually with the sound off though.

i may have a look at the Chevron. pretty exclusive field, high def cameras, all the talking heads will be there.

Yip - me follow the SA tournaments - Sun City is good to watch, and when the play at Pearl Valley, I like to attend. Seeing Pearl Valley is a 25 minute drive for me.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520