• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off the wagon....

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
I fell off the wagon again.

More clubs.

More Heads.

More Shafts.

More information when I get the stuff.

Is that how you are supposed to do it, Rock? :laugh:

Pretty close.

Hints? (Try and be as vague as possible. This drives 'em nuts. ;))

R35

I saw the golfsmith friends and family sale starts on thursday - not planning to go too crazy, but might be interesting

So I tried this approach a while ago myself (a long while ago) and discovered that no gives a rats arse as to what is going in/out of my bag... :(

With that being said, any hints? :D

I saw the golfsmith friends and family sale starts on thursday - not planning to go too crazy, but might be interesting

I doubt he picked up either of the two Snake Eyes shafts or the 12 pak ferrules that seem to be the only items available in the GS sales these days.:rolleyes:

What an utter joke that is. 90% of their stuff is not available at the sale price.

My guess is GS is going into the shitter.

R35

Never buy any golf clubs at golfsmith. They are fine print advocaters and always mark up stuff for sales. Their prices on used clubs are out the roof and the sales associates are complete idiosos. I know its personal opinion but I am not the first person to feel this way.

I hear that GS's used sales and the huge drop in their Snake Eyes sales over the years are killing them financially. Rumour around here is they are barely breaking even these days....

R35

Yup, some stuff from GS. (2 heads at 51% off :D, shafts regular price.)

One club from e-Bay.

I hear that GS's used sales and the huge drop in their Snake Eyes sales over the years are killing them financially. Rumour around here is they are barely breaking even these days....

R35

They aren't even breaking even, my buddy who is in the big box golf retail business says that they are in some serious financial trouble, almost $100 million in debt.

OK, I'll bite.

Ping i10's with AWT shafts.

Nope. Still have not hit those and I am still quite happy with the Eye 2+'s. Besides, I am running out of room to store all my irons sets. :laugh:

No irons in the purchase, but I am still debating on getting the Eye 2+ SW and LW at some point down the line.

So I tried this approach a while ago myself (a long while ago) and discovered that no gives a rats arse as to what is going in/out of my bag... :(

With that being said, any hints? :D

My original post had all the details in it at the end but I could not post it without an error so you guys get stuck with this.

No irons were purchased. No driver was purchased.

I doubt he picked up either of the two Snake Eyes shafts or the 12 pak ferrules that seem to be the only items available in the GS sales these days.:rolleyes:

What an utter joke that is. 90% of their stuff is not available at the sale price.
R35

Agreed, their sales have not been as good recently. The heads I picked up were 51% off as I beleive they are headed to closeout. I have not bought a GS head at full price for myself in years. I wait for the sales/closeouts, but those opportunites are not as good as they used to be.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54