• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ohbepuhlayha

RCI

OK... here is an oldie. Who knows what this means? Say it quickly and each syllable is a letter in the alphabet. OBPLHA.

On the other hand, this is kind of criptic, so I'll just explain...

OBPLHA means "Out of Bounds, Probably Lost, Hit Again."

First time I heard it was after a bad shot was heading for OB. The guy deadpanned "OBPLHA." I had to ask what it meant.

Sorry, that was the sarcastic me.

There was a thread on here about those little golf sayings. Some of them were pretty funny. I used a common one last week when my buddy sliced one off a tree and back into the fairway and said, "What was that?!?" I told him, "It was an OJ. You sliced it and got away with it...":laugh:

My wife busted a new one out on me the other day. After she chipped onto the green and didn't get inside my approach, she said she just had a FISA shot. I had no clue what the heck that was so she explained to me that it meant F*$% I'm Still Away. I just found that one funny for some reason.

My wife busted a new one out on me the other day. After she chipped onto the green and didn't get inside my approach, she said she just had a FISA shot. I had no clue what the heck that was so she explained to me that it meant F*$% I'm Still Away. I just found that one funny for some reason.
I like it!

What about the dreaded PBFU? Post Birdie F**k Up, or a favourite of mine when I heard it, a Bon Jovi putt, it's halfway there :D

What about the dreaded PBFU? Post Birdie F**k Up, or a favourite of mine when I heard it, a Bon Jovi putt, it's halfway there :D
i dont have PBFU's cuz my rounds are usually FUBAR'd from the begining

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?