• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK, I'm going out for a round tomorrow.

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Reaction score
Forecast for 54* and a chance of light rain.
After that goofy round I had the last time out, I've been practicing my short game like mad.

I will be working more on course management, like leaving the driver in the bag on short par 4s, and taking my medicine on screw ups, and trying to take it one shot at a time.

I feel confident with my short game now, since I found a wedge that feels just right for me.
I picked it up at the range for 10 dollars.
It just feels to have the right balance in my hands, and I can really control my distance, and ball flight with ease.

Good luck and have fun. I wanted to play tomorrow but we're supposed to be getting some snow and ice storm BS. I've played the last 2 days on the frozen tundra. Makes for some interesting shots. Every see a 130yd. bump and run draw with a 3iron? :laugh:

Good luck and congrats on finding the wedge. I'm going to play tomorrow also. My Srixon driver came today so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I'm going out next Wednesday. My brother is flying in for my other brothers surgery (knee replacement) and we are going to play Randolph North in Tucson (home of the 2008 Arizona Ametuer). It will be the first round with the new Maltbys, can't wait.

My plans of playing today crapped out.:(
As soon as I left the house, it started to rain.
Black clouds all over.
So I did my little errands, them went to the book store,( the golf section) then over to Wal-mart to pick up a 15 pack of Maxfli's.
Looks like now that I'm home, the sun is making an appearance.:hunter:
Oh well...I'm staying home now to watch the WGC

Don't feel bad tn-golfnut, I just got off the course, for what it was worth. It was cloudy and cold the whole time, and I played like $hit. I don't understand it, I feel like I'm making progress with my game, take 2 steps forward, and then I have a round like today where I'm right back where I was score wise. The only consolation was I was bombing my driver. The Srixon W-506 really sets the ball sailing. To bad I wasn't very accurate with it, but that's the Indians fault, not the arrow.I like everything about the club so far, even the shaft feels pretty good. Maybe a little whippy, but not bad. The 2nd hole here is 307 and my drive, with a slight tail wind, was maybe 15-20 feet off the green and right.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520