• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Olympic: Hockey Women 2006

Loop

Reaction score
Women's Hockey yesterday. Canada won against Italy 16 - 0.
It's nice that they won, but a point scoring system to win the medals is completely absurd and ridiculous.
As much as I like seeing Canada win, it must not be fun for Italy to play and be humiliated.

I got to watch a period or so before I went to work yesterday, and I have one question. Are the chicks allowed to check? Seems like every time a USA player hit someone they got whistled for a penalty. Not that it mattered, USA scored on a 5 on 3 shorthanded penalty situation anyway. If they are allowed to check, there were some pretty poor calls by the refs.

bad subject

Don't get me started about Refs.

ahh come on dave inside nfl broke it down and there was only 1 terrible call.
that was the Hasselback chop block.

it was more of poor clock manegment that killed them.just pure brain farts at the end of the first half and the end of the game.

Canada has 70,000 women that play hockey. The US has something like 30,000.

Russia has 250. Yes, 250. I'm thinking that Italy isn't far off that number.

So there's obviously a huge gap there in terms of a talent pool.

The rules concerning goal differential are only for seeding. So basically, the teams that kick ass get the tops seeds in their respective pools. Which means those that struggle get a harder trip to the finals.

Makes sense to me. It's been like this for years.

Maybe some countries, if they wish to have better results at the Olympics, should put some money towards promoting women's sports that they aren't excelling at.

It's really as simple as that.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35