• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

On the Comeback Trail

I don't have anything intelligent to say on the subject of guns, so I will keep my mouth shut on that front.

I do have some intelligence in the club fitting world, however (it being my job and all...), and I would say DEFINITELY do not get fit for clubs before taking some lessons and ironing out the kinks - and brushing the dust off - of your swing and getting into some sort of groove. The ideal time to be fit for golf clubs is when you feel as though you are swinging the way you will be swinging for a while. I hate when people come in to get fit for clubs and then proceed to go to a pro who completely changes their swing. This leads to people coming back in to the store and getting refit... Huge pain in the ass for everyone involved, especially the customer. Fitting an entire set is not the cheapest thing in the world.

Have fun with your golf resurgence! Hope all goes well.

Thanks all for the great welcome and invaluable advise. I spoke with an local instructor Sat. and have agreed to take a few lessons when the weather warms a bit and I can get out and swing a club. Super nice kid and a very nice looking facility. Also, found out that there is a Golf Digest rated top 10 muni course local here, Rivercut. Very nice looking from what I could see with all the snow!!!

Any way, dug out the old clubs and replaced a couple with used hybrids just to get a start. It seems that timing is really everything, picked up some really nice used clubs since everyone is switching to new and dumping the old stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520