• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played tennis w/ McEnroe!

nixdad

Reaction score
We have the Outback Championship Tennis Series being played a couple of miles from home. Tennis is my other vice other than golf. I was asked to play in the Pro-Am that was played yesterday.

I played with John McEnroe, Jim Courier, Todd Martin, Magnus Laarson, Anders Jared and Jimmiy Arias. It was a round robin doubles deal where we got to play with six of the eight pros present for the tournament. We had ten minutes with each pro and the tennis was great. So great that Todd Martin announced that we, the amateurs, were the best set of amateurs he'd played with in a pro-am.

Needless to say, I was pretty damn excited and was not disappointed. ALL of the pros were awesome. McEnroe and I partnered up during my time with him. You could tell he was putting on a happy face for the pro-am, but it was still cool. The rest of the guys were genuinely super nice guys.

I'll tell you, this was a once in a lifetime deal for me. Now if I can get into a golf pro-am I will die a happy camper!

That's awesome man, congrats.

You should have asked johnny mac if he wanted to go get a beer and hit a strip club. That would have been killer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520