• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pretty Poor Golfer... but Have Fun

ChappyEight

Reaction score
Hey, I'm from Brownsburg, IN (near Indianapolis) and have recently taken up golfing again after a brief hiatus. Let's be honest here, I'm pretty bad. Bad in the kind of way where you have a blast with friends, but are terrified of the company golf outings.

I'm an ex high school and college baseball player so I have a slice from hell. At times, I'll have a good round and only end up one to two fairways over off the tee. Sometimes I get real lucky and get to the green in 6.

Okay so I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's not pretty a lot of the times.

I was curious if anyone could point me in the direction of some affordable golf clinics in the Indianapolis area. I could definitely benefit from some formal training (even if only 1 session).

That's the bad part. The good part is that I have a great time playing the game (frustration is my lover) and I hope to enjoy some good reads on this site.

Chappy

Welcome to ST.
We all start of pretty bad golfers and some of us still are :)

if u dont get any replys you can atleast check out golfsmith's golftec instruction. ive never tried it and its alll indoor... but im sure its a good start

Welcome to Shottalk, :D

Hi Chappy:

I live in Birmingham, AL, but managed a business unit in Indy for five years...really came to enjoy it...

As an ex-baseball player, you may be able to adapt to golf fairly well with some professional lessons. I can often spot an ex-baseball player within a few swings.

I STRONGLY suggest that if you want to enjoy playing golf over the rest of your life, that you get series of lessons now. Kind of like getting with your Hitting Coach in high school and college. Although there are similarities in the golf and baseball swing, there are quite a few differences.

Find a good course in the Indy area that has a good teaching staff and contact them. Commit to taking a series of lessons over the remainder of the summer and fall. Learn the fundamentals now before your bad habits get too ingrained. Just like learning the fundamentals of hitting in terms of hand position, lower and upper body, etc.

For a baseball player to have a slice is very common but since you have good eye-hand coordination, if you get help now - you could turn the corner fast...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520