• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putters

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
How many putter does everyone own? how many of those do you use regulaily. I owe 4 and only ever ever use one.

I have two, but use one mostly. I have the other one if I start to lose my confidence with the one I'm using. Sometimes just picking something else up is all you need to do.

I've owned three in my life and still have all three. One is an old Bullseye that I figure has no value so I keep it.

The second is a White Hot #4 that I initially kept as a back up but guess I would sell it now that I'm comfy with the new one.

I use 1, own 1, love 1. This may sound odd as everyone knows what a club ho I am. But the right putter is a special thing and one should be true to it. Drivers and irons... well there's always another close by willing to roll around in the hay with you. But a putter-- that's a commitment. A putter-- there are vows involved. Love it and cherish it guys, or you'll be paying dearly and hating the next one you get too.

I've had 4 in my life. Used one for almost 15 years.

Then I bought a White Hot cuz it was the shiznit. I just changed models of White Hot to the #2 because of the lie it had, better for my setup.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a two ball white hot, as every time i go to the shop I sink about 10 in a row with that thing. Outstanding.

I like the TM Monza too. Good putter, but expensive.

R35

Rock, consider White Steel - like the white hot but sounds a billion times better.

If anything, a Two Ball or a #6 would be next. I gotta get counselling!

I tried the Steels, great putters. But, i've been happy with the #2. I had a round with 23 putts last year. Not bad.

But that Two Ball just has me looking.....i've never been tempted to buy one, but after this winter and giving it a go....i dunno.

How come it's "once a ho, always a ho"? ;)

R35

ive owned 4 or 5. have 2 left only use the Odessy WH Rossie.keep the TM Nubbins as a spare.

You know, re-reading this post makes me wanna barf.

Is any one putter better than another? I mean, if we all got off our sorry asses and practiced an hour a night with the same putter, i bet a case of whatever you'd like that none of us would be any better than if we just got new putters every few years.

It's like the search for the holy grail. The best putter out there was probably made by a carpenter and made out of wood. Just like the grail.

I mean, is a mini golf putter any worse than a designer putter when you really get down to it?

The same can't be said for irons, woods and wedges, but the putter just hits the ball into the hole from 40 feet in. How hard can it be?

Food for thought....

R35

See, the sad part is, I had to google "Lavitra".

I'm not even sure they sell that here.

Trust me, I have no problems with "the putter". How are the wife and my kids? ;)

R35

(PS....I stole that from Major League.....great movie...)

The most important thing with a putter is getting one that you like the look of and feel confident with. If you aren't confident then that causes tension which will lead to many misses. Another thing people don't do is set up correctly, setting up correctly makes it easy to make the stroke to your target.

I own 3 putters at the moment and have owned 4 over my life.

Odyssey Dual Force 660 (still hasn't came in the mail)
TNT
Something else I am too lazy to go look at

On second thought out of respect for Bravo and his situation, I withdraw my comment about how much the kids remind me of you. But you get the picture.

;)

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54