• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Recommendations for Iron Set

J

jordyt123

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure which irons sets I should buy. I'm a 14 year old beginnner with a -1 club length and regular flex. I'm not looking to spend over 200 dollars. I was recently looking at Pinemeadows, Ping Eye 2s, and Tommy A 845s. Are these clubs any good? Which other types of clubs would you recommend?

Your going to get many opinions on what clubs to swing as I did on another topic. Being young like you I would stay away from Pings. I dont know how much you weigh or how big you are but I had Ping ISI at 15 and their like swinging lead weights. If I were you I would try and find a set of Tommy Armour 845's I picked up a used set the other day and could not believe how light they were. Just go demo as many clubs as you can and when you find the right one BUY BUY BUY. Good luck.

Brandon

My friend has ping eye 2s and his seemed a little heavy. I used his dad big berthas and they were really heavy. I am looking at the pinemeadow mid launch irons...are those heavy? Also what should i expect to pay for the tommy armours?

Armours are cheap and great. Perfect combo.

Remember, you're 14 and will grow into your irons. As you gain the strength, you'll become naturally adjusted to the weight. And sometimes, a heavier weight can have it's advantages.

If you can get a set of Eye 2's for cheap, pick them up. They're an older set, but still proven and will hold their value. Buying clones like Pinemeadows is like throwing money in the garbage. Who's going to buy them in a few years?

Armours are cheap and great. Ping makes great stuff, even if that is an older setup. (I have a friend that plays Eyes and kills them). Just make sure they have the proper shaft setup in them, more time than not that makes or breaks a club.

Cheers,

R35

rockford35 said:
Armours are cheap and great. Perfect combo.

Remember, you're 14 and will grow into your irons. As you gain the strength, you'll become naturally adjusted to the weight. And sometimes, a heavier weight can have it's advantages.

If you can get a set of Eye 2's for cheap, pick them up. They're an older set, but still proven and will hold their value. Buying clones like Pinemeadows is like throwing money in the garbage. Who's going to buy them in a few years?

Armours are cheap and great. Ping makes great stuff, even if that is an older setup. (I have a friend that plays Eyes and kills them). Just make sure they have the proper shaft setup in them, more time than not that makes or breaks a club.

Cheers,

R35

A changed man Rock? Last year you would have been cramming the Cally's down his throat :). Welcome to the good side of the force.

BTW - the Armours are a solid recomendation for that price. He'd never find some Cally's for under $200. I was giving you sh*t as ususal :D

Wanna buy some Macgreror blades? How about some TA7's? I need to get rid of set or 2...

I dont really care about resale value so wouldnt pinemeadows be better?

OK...If I'm not gonna get a set of clones i decided to get a good set of preowned ones under $250...what do you guys recommend for that price?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520