• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Regripping

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
I use an air compressor to put grips on all my clubs, but I have never had to cut a grip off a graphite shafted club. When I first cut the grip tape/solvent grips off my irons, I just used a utility knife and didn't even scratch the shafts. I am afraid I would damage the shaft if I cut the grip off my driver with the knife. What do you all recommend?

I use a utility knife with a hooked blade. Go easy with it and you won't even scratch the paint on a graphite shaft.

Just use a utility knife, be careful, and watch what you are doing. Shouldn't have a problem unless you shake more then WBL on a 2 footer for double.:faintthud

Thanks guys. I guess I will just try it and go slow. And, if I do scratch up the shaft, I will just have to ho a new one! :laugh:

Thanks guys. I guess I will just try it and go slow. And, if I do scratch up the shaft, I will just have to ho a new one! :laugh:

Just cut the grip enough that you can pull it back a little with your hands, then cut a littttttle bit more. Should come off like butter. The blade should never have to come in contact with the shaft.

You shouldnt have a problem with it mike, its pretty easy, plus if you scratch the shaft a little whose gonna know you have to put a new grip on it anyway. As long is its not deep theres not problem.

Or just use needle nose pliers to pull the grip off the shaft a bit and cut carefully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520