• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rocketballz, and **** ME!! (not directly related)

I am right there with you, Silver. The modern drivers should all be the same you just need to find one you like. I was hitting a Ping G10 coming into this season and would have stretches where I was flirting with 300. Then I went a CC demo days with a buddy and hit a couple drivers: the RBZ and the Cleveland Classic

I was nuking everything with both so on the way home decided to hit the launch monitor at golfsmith just itching to see the stats on my shots with the RBZ. I piped 5-7 in a row right down the middle with much better results than my ping. So on a whim, without a need, I bought it.

I have had similar experiences to you and your playing buddy. My shortest drives are as long as my playing partner (previously hit it further than me) and my misses are going 260. I don't know; I hate the look and name but I bomb it straight... Everyone, do yourself a favor and just try hitting it a couple times... It gave me an extra 20-30 yards... WTF???

man i would love to trade my superfast 2.0 burner for the RBZ but my wife.......eish, she will kill me:D!! spent way to much moolah on golf equipment the last year!!! i'm already starting with new iron ideas already.....the build up to get new irons at least.....:eek:

I hate to pour cold water on this BUT I have been hitting the Superfast 2.0 9.5 stiff for the last 9 months. Bagged a RBZ in the same specs, couldn't wait to hit it and be blown away. I was disappointed. It's quite similar to the SF, the odd time I caught one I maybe got a few extra yards, but it was more inconsistent. I really wanted to find that extra 30 yards and gave it 3 weeks but I then moved it on. I have a feel that it was the shaft, although according to the specs they should have been the same, except for colour.

I also got the RBZ 3 wood, and find that to be a lot easier to hit than my Sonartec, and I get a great flight off it. 17 yards extra? No, but it feels solid and has stayed in the bag. I'd be interested in hitting the hybrid

In my mind you need to generate significant club head speed to make a difference. That and a whole pile of marketing crap!

I hate to pour cold water on this BUT I have been hitting the Superfast 2.0 9.5 stiff for the last 9 months. Bagged a RBZ in the same specs, couldn't wait to hit it and be blown away. I was disappointed. It's quite similar to the SF, the odd time I caught one I maybe got a few extra yards, but it was more inconsistent. I really wanted to find that extra 30 yards and gave it 3 weeks but I then moved it on. I have a feel that it was the shaft, although according to the specs they should have been the same, except for colour.

I also got the RBZ 3 wood, and find that to be a lot easier to hit than my Sonartec, and I get a great flight off it. 17 yards extra? No, but it feels solid and has stayed in the bag. I'd be interested in hitting the hybrid

In my mind you need to generate significant club head speed to make a difference. That and a whole pile of marketing crap!

very interesting IG, thank you - will still try it out some time to see whether i like it or not. my SF 3 wood is magnificent and can't see myself selling/replacing that anytime soon - in fact we were joking that i should go buy another two of them and keep them as spare should something happen to min!!:D

I haven't hit the new RBZ since I've had such good luck with my SF. And I don't have any money to buy one now anyway. Think I'll get a SF 3-wood for my next purchase. When they get dirt cheap.

Or you could buy an R11 and knock the piss out of it everytime...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520