• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Satisfied with what you have?

Anyways... I got that Wilson putter. I like that Wilson putter. I did learn though that I need the Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol Grip on my putters. I'll be getting the Wilson outfitted the next time i'm going near Golf Galaxy.

Was at Dicks yesterday and almost grabbed some Maxfli balls, then I noticed the Penta TP's on sale for $30. So I grabbed a dozen. Can't wait to try them....in 4 months!

Was at Dicks yesterday and almost grabbed some Maxfli balls, then I noticed the Penta TP's on sale for $30. So I grabbed a dozen. Can't wait to try them....in 4 months!
I love the original penta TP. Im still working on a box of those I picked up at walmart for $24. I've been waiting for that deal again but haven't seen any there. Must have sold out.

Hey, Jim... 60 degrees, here, yesterday. Course open and we played. Back to low 30's, today. and sitting in my recliner! Supposed to be in the 60's and 70's by next weekend. Waayy too warm for this time of year. But... makes for some excellent January golf.

Looked like some pretty good snow moved up the eastern coast, this last week. Did that get to your area?

I love the original penta TP. Im still working on a box of those I picked up at walmart for $24. I've been waiting for that deal again but haven't seen any there. Must have sold out.
I thought $30 was a good deal but $24 is really good. Not sure what to expect with these, I bounced one on my wedge and it felt hard but that's not exactly a true test. :)

Not sure why anybody would pay $40+ for a dozen balls when you can get last years models $10-$20 off.

Hey, Jim... 60 degrees, here, yesterday. Course open and we played. Back to low 30's, today. and sitting in my recliner! Supposed to be in the 60's and 70's by next weekend. Waayy too warm for this time of year. But... makes for some excellent January golf.

Looked like some pretty good snow moved up the eastern coast, this last week. Did that get to your area?
2 weeks ago we got about a foot of snow and another few inches a week or so later. Last week we hit 50* and most of it is gone now, today it's almost 40*.

Winters have been strange last year and this one so far.

"Satisfied With What You Have?" Cannot believe how everything felt, yesterday, after a couple week layoff. I don't know of a single item I would change in the bag, right now. This driver seems to put me in "Position A" on every hole.

Some of ya young flat-bellies talk about hitting less than driver on many holes. I sorta remember when I was young and fiesty and bagged what was then called a 'Strong 3' Great Big Bertha. Today, the long ball just isn't there. Having a driver you trust makes all the difference in the world.

I thought $30 was a good deal but $24 is really good. Not sure what to expect with these, I bounced one on my wedge and it felt hard but that's not exactly a true test. :)

Not sure why anybody would pay $40+ for a dozen balls when you can get last years models $10-$20 off.

Yeah, I knew I should have bought more than one box, but I had never hit them before so I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on something I didn't like. I don't have any gripes about the Penta TP. Great driver distance, great wedge spin especially on short shots, and I think they're soft enough on the putter. The best thing is the durability. I've played almost a full 18 on one ball and it still looked good.

I didn't feel like this really needed it's own thread, but I found something else.... Those alignment sticks. I was at Target last night and came across those yellow Golf Digest alignment sticks on clearance for $2.38. I'm thinking about trying to employ some practice techniqes with them this coming up season.

I didn't feel like this really needed it's own thread, but I found something else.... Those alignment sticks. I was at Target last night and came across those yellow Golf Digest alignment sticks on clearance for $2.38. I'm thinking about trying to employ some practice techniqes with them this coming up season.
Damn, that's cheap. I would grab a couple sets.

Damn, that's cheap. I would grab a couple sets.
I may. I could've just broken the shafts off of a few of the super old crap clubs I have in the garage, but they are not really long enough (these things are 4') and then you have to deal with the sharp metal edge. These things are cheap enough. I can use them now for putting.

Maybe I wasn't as satisfied as I thought... I feel some changes in the long end of my bag coming...
Are we about to be graced with a weekly review of new drivers, similar to the epic driver buying binge WBL initiated a couple years ago??? This could be fun to watch!!!!

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54