• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty Cameron Putters + Baby Oil ?

ChadH

Titleist Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you scotty cameron owners thought it would be a bad idea to let my scotty just soak in baby oil while I am not playing with it or practicing with it. What mean is I have a spare plastic container that I can just fill with baby oil and leave the putter in it on days I don't practice or play. When I take it out I have a lid I can put on the container. What do ya'll think? :smilie_ti

-Chad

This would never even enter my mind to do.

Is it going to rust on you? I don't get what you're trying to protect it from.

I would clean it off, make sure it's dry, and then put it away with all the rest of your clubs. Just like millions of people before you have done each and every weekend.

Baby oil? This is definitely a new one to my ears. :)

R35

That Te3 is Teryllium right? They can rust if not looked after, but keeping it dried off and stored in a dry place should be all you have to do. Soaking it in baby oil does seem like overkill.

Baby Oil will weaken the finish on the putter; under NO circumstances should you leave it in this for long periods of time. If you are truly worried about it, you could protect it better as follows.

Go to the grocery store and buy a box of green tea-- any brand will do. Prepare the green tea per instructions, yet doubling the dosage, effectively making it twice as strong. Throw in 2 apple wedges and a dose of honey.

Now drink it, relax and quit spazzing on the putter. Save the baby oil for a slip-n-slide and a few strippers.

The chemicals on some greens will oxidize the putter if you are using a gunmetal finish. Simply wipe down the putter after each round with 3n1 oil and it will never rust.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301