• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty or Never Compromise???

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking of selling my Scotty Studio Stainless Newport. I have had my eye on 2 putters for a little while now, thought I had closed a deal for the Never Compromise Gray MAtter exchange putter that I have been looking at but that fell through. Then my buddy shows up with a Scotty Studio Select Newport and its SWEET. Now I am back on the fence wondering which way to go. The thing that I keep coming back to is that Scotty's hold their value extremely well and of course they are sweet sticks.

I don't know-so I turn to you guys give me some thoughts!!!:laugh:

I dont think you can generalise a make of putters as "sweet sticks", because the only thing that should matter is whether it works for you or not.

You are right about that value thing. I think you can get a Never Comp pretty cheap.

This is a tough call. If, after extensive side by side testing, you still can't decide then it really just boils down to one question; how does the NC alignment aid work for you?

While I've not owned a NC putter, I do very much like their gray/black alignment. I'm not a big fan of the single line on the flange alignment aid and even had two additional lines added to the flange of my Newport.

Studio Select - I haven't run across any bad things about them, and mine has made the "A" spot in the putter rotation.

I played around with a Studio stainless today at Nevada Bobs & am embarassed to admit I actually sank the 1st 3 long putts...about 15 footers. Tried 3 more & sank 1 & the other 2 were dead nuts online just a tad short.

But then I am also swinging my current TM Rossa really well at the moment & have quite a few nice long single putts the last few rds.

Did pick up my wife a used Taylor Made ROSSA CGB DAYTONA 1 in real nice shape for $29. Cut off 1.5" to fit her better & obviously regripped it.

How much for the one you are selling? lol

Just go with what feels best, looks best(to you), and tickles your fancy like a swedish supermodel in a swimsuit.

I played around with a Studio stainless today at Nevada Bobs & am embarassed to admit I actually sank the 1st 3 long putts...about 15 footers. Tried 3 more & sank 1 & the other 2 were dead nuts online just a tad short.

But then I am also swinging my current TM Rossa really well at the moment & have quite a few nice long single putts the last few rds.

Did pick up my wife a used Taylor Made ROSSA CGB DAYTONA 1 in real nice shape for $29. Cut off 1.5" to fit her better & obviously regripped it.

Well duh, it's a Scotty. ;)

To answer BigJim, you have to try both and see which looks and feels best to you. Scotty Camerons do feel great, but nothing I've tried matches the feel of my putter. That's why it's in the bag.

Just go with what feels best, looks best(to you), and tickles your fancy like a swedish supermodel in a swimsuit.[/quote

I put it up on ebay with a buy it now of $225 and it sold in about 3 hours.

I paid $200 for it about 2 yrs ago so I guess I did alright.

I think I am going to go with the Studio Select, my buddy has one and it just looks and feels great.

Just go with what feels best, looks best(to you), and tickles your fancy like a swedish supermodel in a swimsuit.[/quote

I put it up on ebay with a buy it now of $225 and it sold in about 3 hours.

I paid $200 for it about 2 yrs ago so I guess I did alright.

I think I am going to go with the Studio Select, my buddy has one and it just looks and feels great.

Wow, awesome sell!

Post up pics though, :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424